**** DONE: GB-49 1/32 Fw190D-9 - Favourite A/C of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys, the red looks good in the pics but in the flesh....I'm not satisfied with it.

Anyway has 2 coats of red at the moment with another to come, in the mean time have started the RLM 76 on the front and back...to get it moving along.
The 76 start is to get the upper wings painted as there is a strip of 76 between the Red and Green upper surface colours along the leading edge.

61_Red complete_7944.jpg
62_Red complete_7947.jpg
63_RLM 76 started_7958.jpg
64_RLM 76 Started-7960.jpg

As you say, looks good in the pics. I wonder how uniform a hastily-applied red surface would have looked on the real aircraft.

As you say, looks good in the pics. I wonder how uniform a hastily-applied red surface would have looked on the real aircraft.
That is what i wondered about too. What red paint and for what purpose was it laying around. I can see the logic of using this colour but was it uniform or just whatever red they could find? Or is red not that important but the off set with white is contrast wise?

Considered that Andy, but in the flesh....I didn't like it so the past 2 days it's had an extra mist of Red and the cowling edges carefully resprayed to fine feathered edge including the 2 little red bumps on the Port side forward cowl as per the photo's....now I'm happy with it..!
Also Masked some of the Red and applied the overall RLM 76 ready for the RLM 82 Green which I started today... those pics tomorrow...

65_Red Cowling edge_7970.jpg
66_Red Cowling Edge_7975.jpg
67_Red coat and masking_7980.jpg
68_RLM 76 finished_7983.jpg
69_RLM 76_7985.jpg

Thanks Guys, started the green yesterday, first I created a template for the wavy scalloped leading edge which I did lightly on both wings back from the edge, this you can see in the last pic on the port wing.
Then I started the careful spraying moving forward on the leading edge following the template shadow to get the right look and position of the pattern.... did the horizontal stabs too then ran out of time to finish the starboard wing. No time for further painting today....
70_Green Started_7998.jpg
71_Green Started_7999.jpg
72_Green started_8004.jpg
73_Wing pattern_8005.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back