**** DONE: GB-49 1/72 Do 215B-5 - WW2 Night Fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Teeny tiny engines, I almost decided to add plumbing and wiring by accident but came to my senses. The assembly is a bit fidley especially the engine mounts but that's mostly due to my sausage fingers and eyballs. Everything fits great though. I did forget to install the radiators before I glued the nacelle halfs together but there's no way they can be seen once everything is together without a small flashlight and a magnifying glass. Next step is the flapectomy.

Do215-B (15)r.jpg

Do215-B (17)r.jpg

Do215-B (18)r.jpg

This just in. I was searching around on the interweb and came across this PE set which would be perfect. Problem is, looks like it's made of unobtainium. Tried all the usual sources, nada. Anyone have this or know where I might try ?? OWLR72033 I have all 4 of the kits listed on the kit. Be nice to snag that set !!

1154096-22002-52-pristine.jpg

Meanwhile at Dr. X Acto's after hours Tiki bar slash flapectomy clinic, progress is being made although at a slightly less expedient pace than was anticipated but we got her done ! I base coated with Krylon flat black. I've had pretty good luck using it as a primer. Normally I don't bother with primer but I'm experimenting with Vallejo Air paints and so far have had no luck getting it to stick to bare plastic. The RLM 02 seems to stick to the flat black pretty good so far. I'm tempted to try and do the final camouflage with the Vallejo. I need to play around with it more until I convince myself I won't louse it up !! Baby steps !

Do215-B (19)r.jpg

Do215-B (20)r.jpg

Do215-B (21)r.jpg

This just in. I was searching around on the interweb and came across this PE set which would be perfect. Problem is, looks like it's made of unobtainium. Tried all the usual sources, nada. Anyone have this or know where I might try ?? OWLR72033 I have all 4 of the kits listed on the kit. Be nice to snag that set !!

View attachment 614870
I think I've got that set, was going to use it to replace the plastic on the same kit you're building. I'll have a look.

Nice work with the flaps. I think I've primered a model maybe twice and the was using Vallejo's primer

I never used to use primer with the Model Master enamels, never had any problems. It came to be through trying out pre shading, I never seemed to get the effect I was looking for, probably more to do with the scale than anything. Then I tried out what they call black basing which seems to come across a lot better. Since I've taken to priming everything in flat black and slowly building up the final coats of paint. When I first got the Vallejo paints I tried to get the hang of them but just couldn't seem to get them to stick very well despite trying different primers. Did not try the Vallejo primer though. The stuff does seem to stick to the Krylon flat black pretty good. Some bits came off on masking tape but no where near as bad as the other primers I tried.

I think I've got that set, was going to use it to replace the plastic on the same kit you're building. I'll have a look.

You must have the only set left in the world ! I've spent a couple of hours looking online, tons of 1:48 and 1:32 sets. Nada for 1:72 so far. The antennas in the kit are passable. I may just use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back