**** DONE: GB-49 1/72 Do 215B-5 - WW2 Night Fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's your lucky day Graham! Got an Extra-Tech FuG 202 set in 1:72 which I won't be using now (# EX 72090). Drop us your address in a PM.

Great work so far, btw.

Oh that's awesome ! I found one set but it's for a BV 222 I have in my stash ! Address sent, thanks so much.

Last edited:
Well I've kind of stalled on the build. I'm waiting for some AK acrylic enamels to arrive and I can get on with the paint. I've been experimenting with the Vallejo stuff and I like the colour but I don't like the paint. I must be doing something wrong. It dries and even after a few days the paint is still soft and lifts when I try and mask it. A week and I can scrape it off with my finger nail. The AK paint seems great so far that I've tried it. I just don't want to flub the paint job by using the Vallejo since there's a LOT of masking involved in the camouflage. The landing gear is also a bit on the fiddly side. I ended up seting it all up and gluing the braces in the nacelles before I glued the nacelles on the wing. I can't imagine the brain pain trying to line it all up any other way. I also broke the teeny tiny gunners headrest off the back of the seat. It vapourized.

Do215-B (13)r.jpg

Do215-B (22)r.jpg

The " how I spent my Easter weekend" thread. First off. As for the AK acrylic lacquer, the stuff is deadly good ! I like it even better than the Testors MM enamels. It's a bit smelly and it has a tendency to tip dry but as long as you clean the tip of the airbrush every few minuits no spatter. Also, it takes a fair bit of thinner so I'm bound to get a lot of mileage from the bottle. Thin coats dry fast so you can slowly build it up. The masking tape saga. An hour in I started thinking I should buy share in 3M. Two hours in I'm thinking I should have just gone with the all black version. Three hours in it dawned on me I should have scaled up the instructions and made masks with frisket paper. Four hours in and it was done. There's more tape on this than the last four models I built. Oh, and that "painters" tape, the only thing it sticks to is itself. I had to use a lot of normal masking tape to hold the painters stuff down. Happy Easter everyone !

Do215-B (23)r.jpg

Do215-B (24)r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back