**** DONE: GB-49 1/72 Do 215B-5 - WW2 Night Fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Glad you got them alright Graham.

Yeah, Extra Tech stuff is rare enough now, though some of their items are still available as reboxings by different companies. This particular set I scored at a monthly model sale held in Budapest, Hungary when I was living there. Lots of rare treasures to be found there!

Hannants has sets for the Blohm Voss 222, I ordered a set and actually got two but they look like they could be bodged easy enough.

Don't know Graham this radio system is very different to the 202/212 system. I'd be concerned it will take as much effort as a scratch build. I'd like to see how you go though 🤔😛

Many thanks to Graham on behalf of my Bv 222 for a little package of FuG 200 antennae that arrived in the post today :)

Well I guess it's ok to reveal my own little OCD issues. Spinning props. They have to spin or it bugs me silly. Turns out on this kit there is no provision for that and the props are supposed to be glued onto the shaft on the front of the engine. It's tiny and it's just part of the engine cover and doesn't protrude enough through the spinner to glue some sort of hub on the end. I ended up cutting them off and drilling into the engine block to use a thicker shaft out of styrene rod. I also added a sleeve to the inside of the spinner so the props don't wobble, and then a hub to hold them on. They spin great ! Slowly coming together. I will save the PE antennas as the very last thing I do in an effort to avoid any fumbleage !

prop-job-r.jpg

Do215-B (33)r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back