**** DONE: GB-49 1/72 Do 215B-5 - WW2 Night Fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's your lucky day Graham! Got an Extra-Tech FuG 202 set in 1:72 which I won't be using now (# EX 72090). Drop us your address in a PM.

Great work so far, btw.

Oh that's awesome ! I found one set but it's for a BV 222 I have in my stash ! Address sent, thanks so much.

Last edited:
No worries mate, but from what I've read, the Bv 222 used FuG 200 Hohentwiel. (PE sets available online, looking to get some for my own 222!)

Well I've kind of stalled on the build. I'm waiting for some AK acrylic enamels to arrive and I can get on with the paint. I've been experimenting with the Vallejo stuff and I like the colour but I don't like the paint. I must be doing something wrong. It dries and even after a few days the paint is still soft and lifts when I try and mask it. A week and I can scrape it off with my finger nail. The AK paint seems great so far that I've tried it. I just don't want to flub the paint job by using the Vallejo since there's a LOT of masking involved in the camouflage. The landing gear is also a bit on the fiddly side. I ended up seting it all up and gluing the braces in the nacelles before I glued the nacelles on the wing. I can't imagine the brain pain trying to line it all up any other way. I also broke the teeny tiny gunners headrest off the back of the seat. It vapourized.

The " how I spent my Easter weekend" thread. First off. As for the AK acrylic lacquer, the stuff is deadly good ! I like it even better than the Testors MM enamels. It's a bit smelly and it has a tendency to tip dry but as long as you clean the tip of the airbrush every few minuits no spatter. Also, it takes a fair bit of thinner so I'm bound to get a lot of mileage from the bottle. Thin coats dry fast so you can slowly build it up. The masking tape saga. An hour in I started thinking I should buy share in 3M. Two hours in I'm thinking I should have just gone with the all black version. Three hours in it dawned on me I should have scaled up the instructions and made masks with frisket paper. Four hours in and it was done. There's more tape on this than the last four models I built. Oh, and that "painters" tape, the only thing it sticks to is itself. I had to use a lot of normal masking tape to hold the painters stuff down. Happy Easter everyone !

Users who are viewing this thread