**** DONE: GB-55 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-6 - MTO III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good correction call. So many 'examples' of builds out there to reference and all seem different! Not sure what color could represent 'clear' the best. Perhaps a muted color of the fule that was in the lines? Very, very, palish yellowish green? Or just a very light grey?
This part (in other kits I've seen) is made of clear plastic so my thinking was' Tamiya did the same "trick". After checking the instructions for your model I saw it's solid plastic (part B15). The instructions suggest paint X-11 for the transparent section which is silver o_O
On their own site Tamiya-builders did it with silver (I believe) - see here.
I would do it as you and Wojtek suggest - some pale yellowish grey with gloss varnish on top of it.
Cheers!

Last edited:
This part in other kits I've seen is made of clear plastic and I was thinking Tamiya did the same "trick". After checking the instructions for your model I saw it's solid plastic (part B15). The instructions suggest paint X-11 for the transparent section which is silver o_O
On their own site Tamiya-builders did it with silver (I believe) - see here.
I would do it as you and Wojtek suggest - some pale yellowish grey with gloss varnish on top of it.
Cheers!
I will have to admit that I did see the X-11 color callout fo that area in the instructions. However, being historically skeptical of Tamiya's color call outs, I choose to look online for examples. Add to that, to my 'uneducated' mind, I thought it should just be a continuation of the colors for that type of tubing. Should have done some deeper homework. But this forum kept me in line. Fix in the works....

Mixed some Vallejo clear with just a teeny bit of blue and then some Tamiya clear green on top of that. It is shiny and a color that 'could' represent a see through fuel tube? Certainly not silver...
Bf-109 G6 Fuel Line fix.jpg

Geological error. Uncle Hans Schmidt and his brother Wolfgang would not have seen a problem.
I knew a guy in Austria, whose name was Messeschmied (no R in the middle). He had a collection of documents and official letters, with his misspelled name. One can't imagine all the variations I've seen (written by the local authorities, not by some analphabets!) The most used ones were Messerschmitt, Messerschmied or Messerschmidt. All wrong! :laughing3:

I knew a guy in Austria, whose name was Messeschmied (no R in the middle). He had a collection of documents and official letters, with his misspelled name. One can't imagine all the variations I've seen (written by the local authorities, not by some analphabets!) The most used ones were Messerschmitt, Messerschmied or Messerschmidt. All wrong! :laughing3:
My simple 4 letter name, Haus, has been Hause, Hauss, House, Haas. Have to wonder sometimes!

LOL, yeah, I get it. My 4/4 Olaf Meys, has been butchered in so many ways that I can't even begin to remember them all, from different letters to extra letters, even to missing letters! It makes you wonder how well people actually listen, or read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back