**** DONE: GB-57 1/48 Curtiss Hawk-75A-3 - WW2 Foreign Service

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's either a really heavy coat of paint or a really good one pass covering one? Can't zoom on the photos provided to tell, but what brand of white are you spraying? My whites usually require multiple passes and some unwanted buildups at the taped edges.
That's Testors square bottle enamel Ralph, 2 coats, brushed on. The edges weren't as clean as I wanted after I pealed off the masking but a light scuffing with 600 grit sandpaper seamed to even it out.

Started the panel line work using tempura paint. On the topside I used black mixed with a bit of white to make a dark gray, and on the bottom I added even more white to that mix along with a touch of brown. I'll give it a few hours to dry and start wiping off the excess.

20230514_115531.jpg
20230514_115550.jpg

The tempura paint was wiped off leaving a bit to give it a weathered look. The dull coat was then sprayed on followed by some pastel exhaust staining and another touch of dull coat to seal it. I also installed the engine and cowl. I need to do a bit of touch up at the cowl/fuselage joint so I've left on the canopy masking on in case I need to spray some more dull coat.
Now I need to paint the gear wells and start assembling all the breakable bits.

20230515_211309.jpg
20230515_211324.jpg
20230515_211340.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back