**** DONE: GB-57 1/48 Curtiss Hawk-75A-3 - WW2 Foreign Service (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Masked off the green to spray the tan using a sized copy of my painting guide cut up and held to the model with blue tack, and than the tan sprayed on.
Masking for the darker brown next.

20230424_200020.jpg
20230424_215300.jpg

I painted the cowl and tail yellow after a base coat of white, then decided to paint for the red stripes instead of using the decals. This picture is after about 2 hours of masking which is hard to see because it's yellow Tamiya tape on yellow paint.

View attachment 716761

Here's the result after spraying the red. Quite a few areas to touch up to do on the cowl but only one on the tail. I will use the decals for the rudder so it will be given a coat of white so the yellow doesn't show through. Testors square bottle enamel was used for both the red and the yellow as well as the white base coat.

View attachment 716763
More that's a nice job. I did the red tulip once on a Bf 109G in 72. I know how tricky it is to get things equal and all. Impressive job g good sir. 💯👌

Thanks guys!
Another couple of hours masking last night and I sprayed on the last camo color

The nightmare of masking ready

20230428_184653.jpg

The brown sprayed on

20230428_190152.jpg

All the masking taken off (except for the canopy) The cowling is just sitting there for the picture. It needs some touch-up painting here and there, and I need to try to remove the marks from the blue-tak on the green paint, but I'm pleased with the results.
The next time I say I'm going to do a 3 color camo scheme someone please give me a sharp bop the back of the head.

20230429_083435.jpg
20230429_083544.jpg

Thanks guys!
Another couple of hours masking last night and I sprayed on the last camo color

The nightmare of masking ready

View attachment 718327

The brown sprayed on

View attachment 718328

All the masking taken off (except for the canopy) The cowling is just sitting there for the picture. It needs some touch-up painting here and there, and I need to try to remove the marks from the blue-tak on the green paint, but I'm pleased with the results.
The next time I say I'm going to do a 3 color camo scheme someone please give me a sharp bop the back of the head.

View attachment 718329View attachment 718330
One wonders if those camo colors were intended to hide when flying over circuses? Certainly will be an eye catcher in the display area!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back