**** DONE Hasegawa 1/48 Junkers Ju-87G-2, Kdr./SG2 Heavy Hitters GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Been hard at it today, fitting, filing and cussing but at last we've got started.

Pics as below:

Still hunting for open or removed engine cowling, have seen one on another model that's broken down into five pieces, a top and bottom, with a left and right middle panel and one other, but the detail is not very clear.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Attachments

• Stuka Build1a.JPG
    Stuka Build1a.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Stuka Build1b.JPG
    Stuka Build1b.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 115
  • Stuka Build1d.JPG
    Stuka Build1d.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 122
Nice work so far Vic. I haven't been able to find any pics of the open cowlings I'm afraid, but I think there was one posted a few months ago in the modelling threads - can't remember who's though!

Been hard at it today, fitting, filing and cussing but at last we've got started.

Pics as below:

Still hunting for open or removed engine cowling, have seen one on another model that's broken down into five pieces, a top and bottom, with a left and right middle panel and one other, but the detail is not very clear.

Sorry Vic, working alot of over time again in fact getting ready to step out the door again. Quick look and found this picture. Will see what else I can find after work. I should be home around 2:30 Central time

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 108
Thank Paul for a GREAT picture and please forgive the delay, I'm sneaking forum time with a house full of overseas visitors which has put the model building on hold for a few days.

What I'm hoping to do with this build is show the engine totally exposed and the various cowlings scattered about. I've no idea how the cowling should fit but have outlined what I think could a way they are positioned. How close am I??.........Comments or thoughts are very welcome and would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Nose.JPG
    Nose.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 130
:hello1: Fantastic pics Pete, thanks very much, they are just great and thanks also to Karl (Rochie) for your pics. Great help folks, lets hope I can do something good with this Stuka. :lol: :lol:

Great work there guys!
Vic, I'm not sure, but I seem to think that the upper cowlings on the JU87D and G were hinged, like the Bf109F onwards. The early versions had removable cowlings as shown in the last pic posted. I'm still looking, as I think I might have a pic somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back