**** DONE: Ja 37 Saab Viggen (Jaktviggen) of F 13 Norrköping GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the explanation David. I thought that might be the reason. Personally, I always prefer to assemble the main components before any priming or paintwork, just in case cement, or a gap, could attack an otherwise smooth finish. I think you're right to attach the wings after the base coat, as it could be extremely difficult to match-up that difficult splinter pattern otherwise.
Looking forward to seeing the colour schem develop.

Just spluttered into my wine.....
happy0045.gif

As I've come to realise Dave, you pick some very interesting subjects and I'm enjoying this build.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Thanks fellas!

I've attached the main wings, canards, and the tail fin. Found a few places I was not happy with so did some more sanding as well. Tomorrow I plan on putting the final coat of the base color. I used Polly Scale's F505390 US Tac Mid Green for FS34102 Light Olive.

Attachments

• SAAB Wings.JPG
    SAAB Wings.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 111
Had to be done!
David, I'm going to Cockpit Fest at the Newark Air Museum (UK, not NJ !) tomorrow (Saturday), they have one of these beasts there, so I'll try to get some detail shots for you. If there's anything particular you think you might need, leave me a PM. I'm not leaving home until about 09.30 hrs, UK time, so I'll check before I go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back