**** DONE: Ja 37 Saab Viggen (Jaktviggen) of F 13 Norrköping GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers, and you're more than welcome. I saw your reply in the other thread after I'd posted here - Doh!!

Nice find old chap. The chappie at the museum offered to get the ladder up to the cockpit, but as I wouldn't have been able to climb it, I politely declined! Bl**dy arthritis !!

I its any help, I have a full set of shots of the pit on the Viggen at Newark, snapped back when it was first delivered. Happy to put on here or via PM if anyone wants them (full size of course)

Nice build mate, thats gonna look a pretty wild beastie when its finished.

And now the fun. My next step is to:

Tape tape tape tape tape tape tape tape tape tape <deep breath>......... tape tape tape tape tape

In the words from a great movie: "Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop taking amphetamines"

Had to take it with my phone so excuse the poor quality. Apparently my 6 year old utilized my digital camera as a weapon against my 9 year old. 6 year old now has a sore bottom, 9 year old has a nice goose egg on his shoulder and the camera is currently under repair and awaiting on the glue to dry.

Attachments

• Saab Tape.JPG
    Saab Tape.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 121
That's looking great David. I fancy doing one myself after seeing the bird at Newark - but might do it as a 'what if?', in RAF colours! Darned sight easier than that splinter scheme!!!
EDIT: I've just this minute spotted a book I'd forgotten has a Viggen featured, with cutaways, cockpit shots and a number of colour pics, weapon load details etc., plus a huge poster! B*gg*r !!!

Last edited:
I did the esci viggen some years ago its not a bad kit i also did the splinter como too that took forever cos i did it freehand with a brush but it was fun tho.BB

That's looking great David. I fancy doing one myself after seeing the bird at Newark - but might do it as a 'what if?', in RAF colours! Darned sight easier than that splinter scheme!!!
EDIT: I've just this minute spotted a book I'd forgotten has a Viggen featured, with cutaways, cockpit shots and a number of colour pics, weapon load details etc., plus a huge poster! B*gg*r !!!

What are we wating for the old boy, hippocroccofrogs to grow into beautiful fairytale creatures? Post, post, post!

Hippocroccofrogs grow beautiful??!! More chance of finding Hitler's dog!!
Too much on to start another project yet old boy.

Looking great mate! Have you checked my Swedish 'what if' thread and the way they're doing the masking...? Can't wait to do it myself....E/E F53 Lightning and TSR-2, not!

:lol:

Looking forward to the next update! :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back