**** DONE: Ja 37 Saab Viggen (Jaktviggen) of F 13 Norrköping GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok FINALLY finished taping, Mixed Black with Dark Green and sprayed. After I removed all the tape (which in itself took a while) I was pretty happy with the way it turned out. I did learn several things the hard way.

1 - Next time, I would do the small colors first (ie Tan) and spray the main color last - I think that would involve far less taping.
2 - Use the blue painters tape on for covering large areas and use the Tamiya Tape for all the edging as it produces a finer line and for less "leakage" vs the blue tape.

I'll let this dray tonight and work on the other parts, and spray the tan tomorrow then touch up.

Attachments

• Saab Black.JPG
    Saab Black.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I had forgotten about this one David, it's been so long since you posted about it. Awesome camo job!!! This thing is going to look unbelievable when you get done with it! :thumbright: And your right about the tape, save the blue stuff for fill in. The yellow Tamiya tape is the way to go for edging. gives a beautiful clean edge.

Superb job David, looks tops mate.
I do the same, use Tamiya tape (or an equivalent graphics product) for vital areas and edge masking - never compromise here - and either ordinary painter's masking tape, or cling film or kitchen foil, to cover large areas. As the Tamiya tape is relatively expensive, I don't waste it covering huge areas where another product would do !

Very cool Jan, after the little bit I did I need to buy you a few rounds!

Tan is on, tape is off and the bottle of wine is open!

Attachments

• Saab Tan.JPG
    Saab Tan.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 94

Users who are viewing this thread

Back