**** DONE: Spitfire Mk. I P9306 ZP H of No 74 Squadron Battle of Britain Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Excellent job Glenn. Just noticed, not having done a Tamiya Spit before. Just forward of the oval blister on the top of the wing, there is a low, rectangular 'lump'. This is Tamiya's interpretation of the red landing gear indicator peg, one on each wing of course. These should be much longer, and only show when the gear is down and locked.
Here's a pic showing what they look like and the angle, this one on one of the Duxford- based Spits.

Attachments

• Czech 047.jpg
    Czech 047.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 135
Dead easy mate - unless you want a fully functioning one of course, then you call in Wojtek !
Some of the books I'm sending you have a lot of minor details like this , so you should be well covered. I took that shot last year, specifically for members doing Spits for this GB. I've got a number of other detail pics I took when doing the AV for the BBMF, but they are all on 35mm trannies.

You're welcome David. It's a fairly common system, and is on the FW190 too - it's basically just a peg, attached to the gear leg, or a cam off the leg. When the gear leg goes down, it forces the peg up through an opening in the wing, and vice versa.

Last night I did some sanding where the wing meets the lower fuselage. It wiped out most of the panel lines so I re-scribed them, then re-scribed panel lines on the top of the fuselage and put the horizontal tail surfaces on.

P8282650.JPG
P8282649.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back