Duxford Flying Legends 2009

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Eric all in all it was very good all the pics Ive posted all I did was crop and press the auto fix thats why they are so blotchy but I still have the originals that I can play with a bit more methodicly and at the original size.
IMPO these next ones are a tad better but still suffer from reduction in size problems I even had a bash at layering (no prizes for guessing which one) its very crudely done.

Attachments

• Bleairio.jpg
    Bleairio.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 334
  • Buchon 109.jpg
    Buchon 109.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 290
  • FW190 pilot.jpg
    FW190 pilot.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 309
  • Sea Fury Duo.jpg
    Sea Fury Duo.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 331
  • P51  Flag.jpg
    P51 Flag.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 302
  • Spitfire.jpg
    Spitfire.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 329
  • SeaFire.1.jpg
    SeaFire.1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 333
  • Stagger wing.jpg
    Stagger wing.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 342
  • The Horsemen.jpg
    The Horsemen.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 329
  • P40.jpg
    P40.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 313
What are using for your editing software, Lee? If you are using photoshop, you should be able to sharpen up what is lost from resizing by using Sharpen, Smart Sharpen or Unsharp Mask. You have to experiment to get the clarity without the jagged edges, but it does help.

Beaitiful shots Lee, I like all of them. Now, where's the rest?!
Neil, the crowds are fairly large at all the Duxford shows, but it's well worth going. In fact, it's a 'must' if you're in the UK, even if there isn't an airshow at the time! The museums are massive, and take at least 2 days to see properly, and of course, it's a working museum/airfield, a surviving Battle of Britain field, one time 'home' to Douglas Bader, and then of course the USAAF 78th Fighter Group's P47's and P51D's.

What are using for your editing software, Lee?.

Ive tried both PShop and Lightroom Eric its only when I resize them the problems start the originals are lovely and sharp without doing anything I think i just need more practice its my use of software that is the biggest problem I am having converting to digital .

Anyway I've bashed out a few more snaps and instead of pure record shots I am posting some candid and shots that to me convey the atmosphere of the show aswell as a couple of record images the first shot I had a go at reproducing early colour autochrome which is very simlar to the Kodak colour film used in the thirties and forties having very soft hues but was quite grainy

Attachments

• Morane.jpg
    Morane.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 291
  • B17.jpg
    B17.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 298
  • P51 pilot.jpg
    P51 pilot.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 284
  • Harley.jpg
    Harley.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 282
  • Girl.1.jpg
    Girl.1.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 286
  • Moran.jpg
    Moran.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 342
  • Spitfire.a.jpg
    Spitfire.a.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 332
  • DC3.jpg
    DC3.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 290
  • DC3 and crowd.jpg
    DC3 and crowd.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 321
  • Lysander and crowd.jpg
    Lysander and crowd.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Beaitiful shots Lee, I like all of them. Now, where's the rest?!
Neil, the crowds are fairly large at all the Duxford shows, but it's well worth going. In fact, it's a 'must' if you're in the UK, even if there isn't an airshow at the time! The museums are massive, and take at least 2 days to see properly, and of course, it's a working museum/airfield, a surviving Battle of Britain field, one time 'home' to Douglas Bader, and then of course the USAAF 78th Fighter Group's P47's and P51D's.

I'm fairly familiar with some of the pilots and AME's one them just pranged White 14 over here

Really wonderful shots, thank a lot for sharing those. *curtsies*
The motorcycle - is that a Harley or an Indian??? *eyes bike photo with interest*...sry, but I don't know much about those "foreign" brands. ;)

Yet another set of great shots! :thumbright:

Really wonderful shots, thank a lot for sharing those. *curtsies*
The motorcycle - is that a Harley or an Indian??? *eyes bike photo with interest*...sry, but I don't know much about those "foreign" brands. ;)
BB...that's a Harley Davidson, the Indian Scout had a gear shift on the left side near the fuel tank. :)

Its FLs signature flypast Wheelsup.
Called the Balbo in honour of the great pre war Italian flyer Italo Balbo
I missed this last week. Thanks for the info. :thumbright:

Here are some videos I have found from the show.
I hope you like them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qXSxncAdAQ

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJYJVoM_z0k
The rest of the vids are @ his channel:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_1mLe5kV6Y
Some more vids are @ his channel:
YouTube - auldm's Channel

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back