Favorite TV shows of your childhood...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jonny Quest, Adam-12, Tonight Show with Johnny Carson (always a treat to stay up late to watch Johnny!), Hogan's Heroes, I Dream of Jeannie ( I was soooo in love with Barbara Eden) and Gilligan's Island (Mary Anne!)

Attachments

• jonny-quest-opening-title3.jpg
    jonny-quest-opening-title3.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Adam12-M-K-2-Shot-Official.jpg
    Adam12-M-K-2-Shot-Official.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 12_carson.jpg
    12_carson.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 114
  • col-klink-hogans-heroes.jpg
    col-klink-hogans-heroes.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 98
It was actually called "Then Came Bronson", close enough though! (not bad for thinking about that show for the first time in about 30 years)

He just looked cool with his cheap sunglasses, cruising around on that red motorcycle :lol:

I always loved catching "Twilight Zone" episodes. For regular watching, it was usually "GI Joe" and "Transformers" after school, and maybe "The Cosby Show" sometime during the week. I'd sit and watch "Baa Baa Blacksheep" with Dad when he found it on TV, and sometimes "Wagon Train" on the weekends. Oh, and when I could get away with it, there was a show hosted by Gilbert Godfrey (most annoying man ever) called "Up All Night", which played all the awesome old B-rated SciFi, Fantasy, and post-Apocalyptic movies from the 80s.

You guys and gals can look back..... when you were a child, and think about the TV shows you watched. When I grew up, through the '40's, TV was not around. We got our first TV in 1945.

Don't feel so lonely, CCheese: I'm a bit younger, but it's the same picture here.
There was no regular coverage here until 57, and until the 80s, the emission was just a few hours (except on weekends).
And as late as 1970, Sunday could have this programs:
about lunchtime, mass (catholic country, it's a MUST!);
then, an agriculture program;
Animation program (the guy who did it died last week), with Bugs Bunny/Woody Woodpecker/etc.;
an Opera (not Oprah, the one were the fat lady sings all the time);
Bullfight;
News;
The "PM" addressing the country;
A movie (I remember some Fred Astaire or Esther Williams movies);
It makes you younger guys WISH to have lived it, no?
So it was no big deal not to have a TV set at home until the 80s. I remember everybody gathering at some relative's place when there was something interesting (like the moon landing, which was covered non-stop for 18h!).

some of the favorites of my youth, the world of dysney, sugarfoot, maverick, combat!, 12 o'clock high, wanted dead or aliv, and of course saturday morning cartoons...heckle and Jeckle, mighty mouse, bugs bunny and gang, clutch cargo.

The last shows I was allowed to watch before going to bed on Sunday nights was the Disney Show, Ed Sullivan and a great show called the Hollywood Palace I think, comedians,singers(ala Dean Martin) and also the daring Rowen and Martins Laugh In..

Another one I forgot...The Cousteau specials. That is what made me want to be a diver.

That makes two of us! ;)
That series that he made in the 60's/70's was brilliant.

Then check this out!

Ah - nice! ;)

Oh, I almost forgot:
Soap (- as one of you goys mentioned earlier), it was hilarious.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BHQT3Omqtw

77DDt9TXKYvi1Ip.jpg

I Love Lucy - danish tv had apparently bought a lot of episodes of that series in the early 70's. I loved that! :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t4ql-r406Q

This "Vitameatavegamin" clip can still get me to laugh so hard that my eyes are watering! :lol:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRRQ81ZRJs

D708.jpg

How The West Was Won - all my female friends and I was totally mad about Luke Macahan (Bruce Boxleitner). :lol:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTu9HaHDI0A

htwww.jpg

Last edited:
Phil Silvers as Sgt Bilko, All in the Family, Honeymooners, The Odd Couple, Beverly Hillbillies , Get Smart, Sky King and the ones I hated Flipper , Littlest Hobo amd Skippy the Bush Kangaroo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back