Favorite TV shows of your childhood...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You get Dr Who in the US?
What do you think of it?
They used to show Dr. Who back in the 70's, along with Montey Python's Flying Circus :thumbright:

Dr. Who was definately out there...

And used to watch F Troop also..Yust looked up The Hollywood Palace on YOUTUBE, it was a great variety show....
F-Troop was a great show, so was McHale's Navy!

I was able to pickup Dr. Who on BBC-America waaaaaay back in the late 80's. It was one of the six or seven stations that I was able to get with the bunnyears on my old clunker (barely color!) TV. It came on late on Saturday nights.

There is only ONE Dr. Who!!! :)

Used to watch....

"Star Trek"
"The Prisoner"
"Monty Python"
"The Rockford Files"
"Ultra Man"
"Speed Racer"
"The Twilight Zone" original

trying to remember some others.

Attachments

• DrWho_Scarf_2.jpg
    DrWho_Scarf_2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,276
  • alg_rockford_files.jpg
    alg_rockford_files.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 488
  • PrisonerLotus-6903.jpg
    PrisonerLotus-6903.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 515
The movie was "Operation Petticoat", IIRC. I always did admire the "requisition officer"'s skills!

And yes...Tom Baker was THE best Doctor! Gotta love that scarf!!!

You are correct RA, Operation Petticoat it is.
Operation Petticoat (1959)
It even had a very young Mrs. C (Marion Ross) from "Happy's Days" in the cast.

No particular order to these:

Happy Days (1974)
Star Trek (1966)
The Rockford Files (1974)
I Dream of Jeannie (1965)
Bewitched (1964)
The Partridge Family (1970) ( :oops: Lori was hot, OK)
Mork Mindy (1978 )
M*A*S*H (1972)
The Love Boat (1977)
Charlie's Angels (1976)
Fantasy Island (1978 )
The Rat Patrol (1966)

The scary part is that I know this isn't all of them.

Wheels

Did someone watched animated series "Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs"? Don't know about elsewhere, but it was quite popular in my country when I was a kid with multiple reruns over couple of years.

Some television series which I also enjoyed were "Napoleon and Josephine - A Love Story" (Armand Assante is still Napoleon in my eyes, he was brilliant in that role), "North and South" and "Star trek TNG". (Sure there are few more just can't remember right now...)

Last edited:
"The Fugitive"

The last episode in 1967, when the "one-armed man" was finally confronted and killed, was one of the highest rated shows ever, up to that time.

TO

Pre teen - Disney, Warner Bros - Looney Toons, Crusader Rabbit and Dudley Do Right (early versions of both), CBS- Airpower and Victory at Sea series
Early teen - Disney, Sea hunt, Maverick, Gunsmoke, Wanted-dead or alive, Have Gun will Travel, Twilight Zone, all Cousteau specials,
"Bridge" years through 1965-1967or so - Combat, Fugitive, Carol Burnett Show (can't quite remember if she started this early), Disney wildlife specials, all of the above until they died

Oops, almost forgot "The Invisible Man" with David McCallum:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L4H5JlPf1M

I remember M*A*S*H too, "Happy Days", "Richie Brockelman", "Holmes Yoyo", "Delvecchio", "Bring 'Em Back Alive" and "The Rockford Files". ;)
Hey, there was also that funny series in b/w about this zany family which had a severed hand running around and helping out here and there...dunno what it's called, though, but they all looked slightly whacky as far as I remember.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back