Favorite TV shows of your childhood...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maestro

Master Sergeant
Greetings ladies and gentlemen.

I have been talking with a friend of mine lately who now has a child. Through our... erhm... chit-chat, the conversation eventually ended up on the difference between the children shows of nowadays and the ones we had when we were kids.

And I was wondering, just for fun, what was your favorite TV show(s) when you were a kid ?

On my side, even though I liked Transformers, I must say my favorite one was certainly G.I. Joe... For some reasons my mother didn't want me to watch it... But I did anyways! :D

An other show I enjoyed watching when I was a kid (even though it only lasted two seasons, and even though I generally hate Anime (I think most of Anime shows are made by some kind of weird-ass perverts in Japan)) was Sous le signe des Mousquetaires. But somehow I think that show never got translated into English.

That last show was a special order by the gouvernment in the late 80s (story doesn't tell if it was the Japanese or French gouvernment) to introduce kids to French literature... And it worked out great for me ! It got me interrested in both French and English literature. (Alexandre Dumas was good but Shakespeare was better.) Although for the ones who read the book, there were a few differences between the TV show and the book. (I.E. In the book, Constance is Bonacieux's wife, while in the show she is his daughter... Guess the producers didn't want to put a love triangle affair in a show for kids. Or, in the TV show, Aramis is a girl who disguised herself into a man to accomplish a vengeance while in the book... Well, Aramis is a man.)

1935.jpg

Anyway... What was your favorite TV show when you were a kid ?

He-man and the Masters of the Universe (Filmation series aired in the late eighties in my country) fallowed by Ninja Turtles...

You guys and gals can look back..... when you were a child, and think about the TV shows you watched. When I grew
up, through the '40's, TV was not around. We got our first TV in 1945. It was a black white, 13 inch round tube.
It was a Bendix, and the only reason we got one was my mother worked for Bendix where they made the things.

I lived in Baltimore, MD and the city didn't even have a TV station. We got TV from WashDC, and it didn't come on the
air till 1800..... and went off at midnight !!! Everything was "live" they hadn't invented video recorders yet. We use
to get the news, wrestling, quiz shows, some local sports, and live commercials. There were no shows like you have
today !!

So.... in a word.... I never had any favorite shows as a kid..... We use to listen to the radio, but that's fodder for
a different thread......

Charles

Chips, Transformers, Dukes of Hazzard. I loved Thundercats too NG! Riptide, Tour of Duty. Cheers was another one!

Last edited:
-cut-
So.... in a word.... I never had any favorite shows as a kid..... We use to listen to the radio, but that's fodder for
a different thread......

Charles

To go slightly OT:
Ever listened to "The Mercury Theatre On The Air", "The Shadow" and "Campbell Playhouse" then?
I know that those shows are from the 30's, but they must have been rerun somehow, as they were recorded.

To go slightly OT:
Ever listened to "The Mercury Theatre On The Air", "The Shadow" and "Campbell Playhouse" then?
I know that those shows are from the 30's, but they must have been rerun somehow, as they were recorded.

I remember the Shadow, it use to come on on Sunday, about 1800, and was sponsored by "Blue Coal".
"Who knows...... what evil.... lurks in the hearts of men ....? "The Shadow knows......"

The radio program that was my favorite was "Mr. District Attorney".... like I said, fodder for another
thread.

We now return to the subject at hand..... Favorite TV shows....

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back