Favorite TV shows of your childhood...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thundercats
GIJoe
Centurions
Gumby
The Sooty Show
TMNT
Captain Planet
Toxic Crusaders

In no particular order....
Oh yeah Thundercats! I actually saw a guy in the gym wearing a Thundercats T-shirt, so cool!

thundercats-black-t-shirt.jpg

I should also mention He-Man too!

Kris

I saw The A-Team and the Dukes of Hazard and the other usual stuff. One series really springs to mind and that was the BBC series "Colditz", about Oflag IV-C POW camp. My father watched it and I watched with him. Made a huge impact on my brother and me. I later bought the books written by Pat Reid and the book by Reinhard Eggers. Anybody knows if that series is on DVD available somewhere?

I've found 3 of may favorites do not.
A-Team. Highly trained ex-soldiers who can never seem to shoot anyone, even when they are spraying lead all over. Anyone know the gun they always seemed to use?

Knight Rider. Several episodes story's were just terrible and seemed just barely enough of a story to be able to film something to out on TV.

Dukes Of Hazzard. Basic premise for every show is as follows.
1-Boss Hogg has a scheme to either get rich, or remove the Dukes off of their land.
2-Dukes find out about the weekly scheme.
3-There is a car chase where the Dukes jump a river, house, or another car there by foiling Boss Hogg's scheme.
The End.

You summed those three up perfectly.
I watched all three of them too.

Was it an AR-15/M16 rifle that they used on the A-team ?
I seem to remember Murdoch using a 50 caliber in the opening credits...

Daisy Duke (Catherine Bach) is easy on the eyes until you see her now.
She has not aged well.

Wheels

I know Hannibal always used some stainless steel MG, not sure on the model, but I always thought they looked cool.

Agree Wheels. She has not aged well.

Yeah I know what you guys mean. It's painful to see those reruns.

And the semi-automatics were no M-16s. I can't come up with what they were, but I looked it up once. Easy to find. But I remember it wasn't Armelite.

Kris

As far as I remember, they either had M-16 (they have evolved a lot all these years, the early models were a bit different) or Ruger Mini-14s...

I saw The A-Team and the Dukes of Hazard and the other usual stuff. One series really springs to mind and that was the BBC series "Colditz", about Oflag IV-C POW camp. My father watched it and I watched with him. Made a huge impact on my brother and me. I later bought the books written by Pat Reid and the book by Reinhard Eggers. Anybody knows if that series is on DVD available somewhere?

Yep! I own this one (finally found it at a used-book store): Amazon.com: Colditz: WWII: Jason Priestley, Timothy West, James Fox, Sophia Myles, Damian Lewis, Tom Hardy, Laurence Fox, Stuart Orme: Movies TV

This is the book I own about Colditz, I'll have to look around for those you mentioned: Amazon.com: Colditz: The Definitive History: The Untold Story of World War II's Great Escapes (9780060012861): Henry Chancellor: Books

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Greetings ladies and gentlemen.

I have been talking with a friend of mine lately who now has a child. Through our... erhm... chit-chat, the conversation eventually ended up on the difference between the children shows of nowadays and the ones we had when we were kids.

And I was wondering, just for fun, what was your favorite TV show(s) when you were a kid ?

On my side, even though I liked Transformers, I must say my favorite one was certainly G.I. Joe... For some reasons my mother didn't want me to watch it... But I did anyways! :D

An other show I enjoyed watching when I was a kid (even though it only lasted two seasons, and even though I generally hate Anime (I think most of Anime shows are made by some kind of weird-ass perverts in Japan)) was Sous le signe des Mousquetaires. But somehow I think that show never got translated into English.

That last show was a special order by the gouvernment in the late 80s (story doesn't tell if it was the Japanese or French gouvernment) to introduce kids to French literature... And it worked out great for me ! It got me interrested in both French and English literature. (Alexandre Dumas was good but Shakespeare was better.) Although for the ones who read the book, there were a few differences between the TV show and the book. (I.E. In the book, Constance is Bonacieux's wife, while in the show she is his daughter... Guess the producers didn't want to put a love triangle affair in a show for kids. Or, in the TV show, Aramis is a girl who disguised herself into a man to accomplish a vengeance while in the book... Well, Aramis is a man.)

View attachment 403095

Anyway... What was your favorite TV show when you were a kid ?
Easy question "The Twilight Zone"--my favorite of all- a Former SS prison guard is tormented by his dreams- his only relief is to visit the Louve, and view a painting of Jesus Christ rescuing some sailors caught in a malestorm-- then he would go to sleep, praying the Lord to "Put him in the picture"-- In other words, his prayers for salvation. When he awoke, he was "In The Picture" but the picture had been changed to the painting of the three crosses at Mount Goltha, and he was now the thief dying on the left of Jesus Christ. I have never forgotten that episode.
To go slightly OT:
Ever listened to "The Mercury Theatre On The Air", "The Shadow" and "Campbell Playhouse" then?
I know that those shows are from the 30's, but they must have been rerun somehow, as they were recorded.
Lamont Cranston and the sound of a creaking door opening- "The Shadow" indeed.

No. 1 is Romanian Movie "Un Comisar Acuza" With Romanian SuperStar RIP Sergio Nicolaescu ...
No. 2 Is Secret Army, Resistance fighters rescue downed Allied pilots!
No. 3 is Lolek I Bolek
No. 4 is Pat I Mat
No. 5 is ...
Too many other ones ... I don't remember them now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back