First Build From a Long Hiatus...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you.
My next build is going to be the 1/32 Hasegawa p-51d, I have also purchased the Paragon resin cockpit to go with it and it should be on my doorstep in a couple of days.
In fact relating to the kit markings, does anyone have any ww2 pics of the man o' war with the green lines on top of the wings, since I can only find it with a white nose?

Woohoo! The Has Mustang arrived today, it seems to be a good kit apart from the cockpit which the Paragon set will take care of.
My only dilemma is whether to do it as Man o' war or as the chequer tail ' Helen', only my wife's name is Melanie so I think I know which it will be!
In fact does anyone have a picture reference of Man o' war with the green stripes, since I can only find it with a white chevron type pattern on the nose.

You'll need to identify which one is which, as all of his P51s were named 'Man o' War'. I think I might have some pics as per the kit decals, but nothing showing the OD stripes on the upper surfaces, as far as I know. The white nose markings were applied, I believe, just at the end, or soon after, the war in Europe. Before that, the 4th FG red nose band was seen, eventually extending rearwards. I should have some spare 4th FG nose art decals, and maybe the codes and serials too, from the sheet I got when I built mine (the one I sent the pic of), if they're of any use to you. Maybe provide an alternative?

Thanks Airframes, though I did stumble across a single picture of it with the stripes but no date for the photo.

Attachments

• kinnardp.jpg
    kinnardp.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 61
Good pic. At a guess, as the lower fuselage AEAF stripes are still in place, I'd say it was pre-October 1944. After about this time, remaining stripes were normally removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back