First Build From a Long Hiatus... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bit of a tricky one, as it seems you're using propellant cans. I think I would try the following.
Get some Johnson's Klear (now known as Johnson's Pledge Klear in the UK), and brush paint a small area on the underside, where it's pebble dashed, as a test. The Klear will find its own level and dry smooth, without brush marks. Any excess will collect at sharp edges, such as a wing trailing edge. A large drop can be removed immediately with a wet paint brush, and smaller 'collections' wicked off with the edge of a piece of kitchen towel tissue (NOT toilet tissue).
This should start to cover the pebble dash and, if it looks promising, give a second coat to this area and let dry. Repeat if needed. If it's ok, then do the whole model in the same way.
The effect has almost certainly been caused by pressure drop in the can, so a compressor is the answer. Have a look at Model Hobbies, and especialyy evertyhingairbrush.com, the latter having a cheap compressor which is adequate for the average modelling job, and costs about the same as four propellant cans.

Hi Airframes, thanks for the info.
Just confirm please, is the Johnson's klear a floor polish or something else?
Many thanks
:D

Oh and before anyone asks, no the pink shoes are not mine!

That's correct. It's basicslly a clear, acrylic varnish, but has a wax content. Great for loads of things, including gloss clear coats, making canopies shine, as a fine 'glue', and, mixed with Tamiya Flat Base in varying proportions, it'll make clear coats from just off gloss to full matt.

Well subject to a overcoat of floor wax clear coat she's done.

p-51model-1.gif

I had fun building this kit as the fit is top notch, and the instructions are clear along with a good level of detail in the kit.
Top bannana....:D

I don't know about being in the groove yet, but despite my hiatus I think this one's the best I have ever done and I'm rather pleased with how my experimenting with weathering effects went. of course for that I have this site to thank.
I will take more pictures now it's light and will post them here.
:D

Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement.
Here's just a few more pictures.

Attachments

• p-51 tamiya.jpg
    p-51 tamiya.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 54
  • p-51 tamiya2.jpg
    p-51 tamiya2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 58
  • p-51 tamiya3.jpg
    p-51 tamiya3.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 55

Users who are viewing this thread