flying boats

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
one of my Fav subjects apart from fleet air arm aircraft is flying boats,due to working 7 days a week at present i'm not getting time for much if any modeling at present,[i should have more time next month]but i have been keeping my hand in with a couple of flying boats before i start the sunderland,these are both revell kits ex matchbox of the walrus and stranraer,pics will follow shortly of my progress but i have not taken detailed pics during the builds due to not knowing how to work my new camera phone,i think i'm getting old

Ist of these posts is of the walrus showing the example i saw at the fleet air arm ,the others are showing the detailing being added,i cut out the side windows that on the kit are just transfers blacked out as these were on the aircraft i saw,i plan to finish her as walrus 1 from hms victorious 1945 in the far east

bob6066.jpg

bob6235.jpg

bob6235.jpg

bob6226.jpg

bob6228.jpg

bob6234.jpg

bob6238.jpg

bob6239.jpg

bob6229.jpg

more to follow shortly when i get some more time,

thanks for looking

Very cool. I'll be following as I just picked up an Airfix Walrus recently. I haven't opened the box yet but its a re-box of an older kit so I don't expect much. Still it will be my first go at a Flying boat and rigging. Keep up the good work

cheers Chaps,there's something about a flying boat that hits the spot,love to see your effort Terry sounds fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back