1/48 B17G Flying Fortress [Revell]

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well.. I decided to get off my arse and dust off the scrap and give her some chrome! I would show you guys the bottom but I ran dry on the chrome, got to buy more.. :shock:

The surface is by no means flawless, up close little particles and hairs are visible. Having light reflect helps that.. But, considering what this model went through and my extensive care to get it back to half decent, I dont take any shame in it. I wasn't going to dog out of it either, 1/72 are cute, but 1/48 is where its at! :lol:8)

Attachments

• PICT1110.JPG
    PICT1110.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 174
  • PICT1111.JPG
    PICT1111.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 175
  • PICT1112.JPG
    PICT1112.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 169
  • PICT1113.JPG
    PICT1113.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 177
  • PICT1115.JPG
    PICT1115.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 173
Thanks all, its nice for a warm welcome after a long period of delay. I saw it today and said, its bout time. Some water and rags later, the dust was gone and it was ready. I believe I got a nice effect with slow gentle mists of the chrome, instead of forcing it onto the model like I used to do.

The chrome seems a bit unrealistic, but its the museum preserved look I wanted!

Here's a choppy shot of the bird in natural room lighting, without my forced lamp lighting.

Attachments

• PICT1119.JPG
    PICT1119.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 167
Well.. just have been caught up with the sways of life. For weeks on end I walked by my modeling table everyday and didnt even consider touching it until today. Wondering why I deprived myself of my passion.. besides inefficient time allocation.. :oops::lol:

Man that shines! Nice one Mag, and nice to see you back.
You got 20 degrees H? Bl**dy luxury - it's 9 here!

Was actually wondering where you the other day. I can relate I too oftenn get out of the way of modelling when stuff like study just drains you and you just want to flake out instead of fiddling around with some wretched interior cockpit piece of plastic.

Great to see you back!

I also have my birthday coming up and am looking at a azteks A470 airbrush set and a regulator controlled compressor. That will help with satisfying the demanded PSIs for these certain paints, as of right now I have no control over any of that.

Wow, what a finish. As a "returnee" one simple question. What did you use for the chrome? I want to build a D model P-51, Merlins Magic Reno racer, it is polished aluminium. cheers, Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back