1/48 B17G Flying Fortress [Revell]

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all! All the seam fillings held up nice except the rear gun cover, but I really don't care at this point, with a model this big one cant expect perfection on everything.

My only issue now is looking and trying to find those little hairs and such, because once the chrome goes on I know they will pop out if I dont get rid of them now. About to go hunting for them now with my sand paper :lol:

Hello all... The chrome is beautiful but my stupid self isn't. The blotch is a pool of paint from a quick jerk from my hand while I was airbrushing, flew right out of the cup. Also, those water marks came back to shine after I tried to remove them from the shower incident. Sanding and will probably have to do the whole damn wing section. Im truly mad and sad

Attachments

• DSC_0140.JPG
    DSC_0140.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 205
  • DSC_0141.JPG
    DSC_0141.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC_0142.JPG
    DSC_0142.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC_0143.JPG
    DSC_0143.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC_0146.JPG
    DSC_0146.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 199
Not bad work Mag. That big splotch can be masked and the whole panel re-painted, no problem. The other small blemishes should blend in with a bit of polishing and then some thoughtful weathering. By the time you've varied the tones on some panels/sections, and applied the decals, the small blemishes won't really be noticed.

Too late, I already sanded the whole damn wing! Going to put on a coat of gloss black and try again. I will have to play with the polishing since this is chrome and it can be achieved. It's sad the plane looked perfectly normal at a distance, if that splotch never hit I probably wouldnt have touched it. Its so shiny in light only a few shot but this all could have been avoided if I wasnt an idiot on shower head knowledge!!

Gloss black sprayed again, it went on easier this time then the first. I painted over all the spots and left it outside to dry. Made a tent like cover for it with a tarp and chair, will probably wait a few days for it to fully cure. What to do now, hmmm! :)

Well I sanded it off and resprayed my gloss black, all I have to do is go spray chrome and finish it! Will be starting it up again soon, so stay tuned..

That should be fun, the interior was fun painting but theres a seam and gap to be filled everywhere. Make sure you have to space if you're going 1/48! 20 by 28in!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back