For the upcoming Haggis hunting season...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You've probably/possibly eaten them loads of times Becca. It's what the Scots call Turnips or Swede - and no, not Swede as in Jan.....

I thought it was Parsnips, Becks
Dan may not like Haggis but Athol Brose Im sure he would like, honey, oats, thick cream and whisky mmmmm
google them and you can find the recipe for both Athol Brose and my personal favourite Clute Dumpling.

I'm serious. If you can eat franks then you can eat haggis. Except haggis is better for you.

Sauteed parsnips taste just like candy as well.

I'm serious. If you can eat franks then you can eat haggis...
It's all in the delivery...

I know that most franks are full of "meat by-products" (chicken lips, pig sphincters and the like), but it looks FAR more appealing and can be prepared in many ways that both tempt and please the pallette.

Haggis is...just...disgusting...
pi_freak.gif

aah toast and dripping with lots of pepper mmmmmmm

3 things I have tried and dont like at all. sheeps eyes (just balls of jelly) . Tripe as i hate vinegar and without it is tasteless. Frogs legs a load of mucking about for a tiny bit of chicken flavour.

Offal I do like, liver and bacon, stuffed hearts and faggots (bit like haggis in meat ball form but without the stomach)

If you look on any meat product ingredients if it says MRM thats Mechanicaly Recovered Meat which is high pressure water jet removed meat sludge that is compressed after its blown off the carcases bones then used most commonly in fast food cheap burgers, sausages, meat balls etc it can still be call beef, pork etc but its pretty gross stuff

Haggis is actually quite nice in its own little way.

But never ever, ever ask whats its made of....

EVER...after you have eaten it.

I have read somewhere that real Haggis is not allowed in the USA as animal lungs are not concerned a food group!

Heard on the radio this morning that the Haggis was a British invention !:shock:

Tinned Haggis is good too when the wild version is unavailable. I believe that there is a captive colony kept on a remote Scottish isle for use in canning when fully grown.

just been on the phone to Brian Mcsween of Edinburgh and he says this years catch of mountain haggis should be the best on record. royal deeside and glengarry are supposed to be over run with this year

In my lifetime I've eaten Squirrel, Porcupine, Racoon, Snapping Turtle, Pigeon, Snails, a couple Minnows, Lutefisk, Headcheeese, Black Crow, and many other interesting things, but I cannot comprehend how anyone can consider Haggis as a tasty treat or even an edible food!!! I mean, just looking at a picture of it make me think I'd have to be pretty damn hungry or on a 2 day Jack Daniels binge to want to eat this.

Attachments

• Haggis!!!.jpg
    Haggis!!!.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,341
Last edited:
It really doesn't does that odd, it's actually quite tasty Haggis!

I don't think I have seen one running around the mountains in Colorado. Too cold in the winter maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back