FOREST FIRES

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is my neck of the woods.
I'm just 45 miles south of the large fire incident marker at the top.

Screenshot_2021-07-02-22-17-55.png

Here's a photo I grabbed on the 4th.

The Pyrocumulus in the foreground is from the Salt Fire (16 miles north of Redding), the Pyrocumulus in the background is from the Lava Fire, burning around and behind the base of Mount Shasta and is about 50 miles north of Redding.
Mount Shasta is obscured by the Pyrocumulus clouds, but they are almost 3 times the volcanoe's 14,180 foot height.

20210704_161617.jpg

Winds have been southerly, pushing the fires away from town, though the Lava Fire has consumed one town (90% lost) and the Salt Fire can't gain too much momentum as the area was destroyed by the Delta/Hirz fire back in '18, when the Carr Fire burned into Redding and the Camp fire annihilated the nearby city of Paradise.

Fire just north of camp. Haven't found any info on it other than it is 6000+ hectares/1482 acres

Did you look.it up on the argcis fire map?

If you locate the fire, click the fire icon on the map and it should display the incident name, time of discovery and current acreage involved.

Sorry for the delay Dave, internet sucked in camp. There are three fires that joined together called the "Manson". What I was told was that isn't smoke but steam as they water-bombed the crap out of it. The next day it rained a crap load and we never saw any more smoke. Now this next photo isn't mine but the missus trying out her new Canon. No filters used, this was the actual colour of the sun. I've seen a lot of smoke coloured suns but never anything like this

1626405913252.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back