France (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Torch

Senior Master Sergeant
Feb 9, 2006
Florida
Another tragic day in my home country...........

I am so sorry to see this sort of event happen once again, especially on Bastille day.

The leaders of France must take a close and hard look at what must be done to ensure the safety of her people and act on it as soon as possible.

I am so sorry to see this sort of event happen once again, especially on Bastille day.

The leaders of France must take a close and hard look at what must be done to ensure the safety of her people and act on it as soon as possible.
The only way to try ensuring the safety of the people is to stop allowing "immigrants" into their country and to deport the ones they've already let in.

This may be political, but what is ISIS trying to accomplish ?
Some of the people from the Muslin lands that have immigrated to the west was their best and brightest, and all of them are lost population.
They know they can't actually defeat anyone with a attack here and there..

ISIS wants the western countries to withdraw back to protect themselves, and they want their immigrated people back.

It looks like some of us wants to help accomplish that.

A must read .... it ain't pretty but it's been proven to work:

Nice attack: Why the terrorists are winning the intelligence war — Spengler

Progressives won't agree .... but can they be trusted on defense?

an interesting article but I have to say both yes and no to his premise. first off it seems that Islamic factions have started to research and are taking note Vietnam. I wondered why no one had bothered to listen closely to the "lessons learned" from this conflict. my YES goes to the bullying of non-combatants by isis and other terroristic groups. the west cannot protect them and their families so even if they were apathetic or even non-sympathetic they can be coerced into aiding the terrorists. this was done with great success by the viet cong and nva. my NO ( under certain conditions ) goes to the scorched earth type coercion by the opposite faction. what is conditional is the location of the village. if it is in enemy territory then it is a valuable tool to keep saboteurs and sympathetic partisans from disrupting your supply/commutations lines. the allegiance of these people are already presumably hostile. IF you are in a neutral territory then scorched earth or any bullying tactic can and most likely will be counter productive. you risk turning someone who has adopted a neutral stance or who is even sympathetic to your cause into an asset for your enemy. they will either become an enemy combatant, supporter, or an additional set of eyes for their intelligence network. this too was the scenario in VN. the us later tried to adopt a "hearts and minds" program which I am sure mike can comment on way better than I because he witnessed this stuff first hand. so when someone is in your land you have to be very careful on how you institute that " fear me more than him" program. couple this with public sentiment, protests from the "do gooders", and civil rights laws....and it becomes very difficult task.

When I was in Vietnam the 2nd time in the Army was the only time I was out in the actual country, but still even that was in the air, and late in the war 70-71.

But from my impression, and my older brother who there as a advisor in 63, the 173rd AirBn. in 67, 69 and 71 with I don't recall, we had our head where the sun doesn't shine..
I would often think if someone else come to my country and conducted themselves the way we did in Vietnam, whose side would I be on ?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back