From the S.O.D. 1/48 Classic Airframes Bristol Blenheim IV,Finished!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMHO it should stagger like that diagram shows...

mg.jpg

This pic may be helpful. Although a Hurricane, it shows the stagger needed to allow the feed chutes to miss each other. A .303 round is 3 inches long. Based on that, the gap between feed chutes looks to be maybe an inch so I would say a 4.5 to 5 inch stagger would be about right so 2.5 mm in 1/48 scale. The flash cone on a .303 Browning is about 5.75 inches long.

Restored-gun-compartment-complete-with-original-Browning-machine-guns.jpg

Well, I'm calling this one done! I want to thank everyone who participated in this tread, thank you!
It took a bit longer to take some pics, due to a small distraction (see my Ta-152 tread)

I still need to take care of the radar antenna's, but I have to figure out what the best way is on how to scratch build them + I'm getting conflicting info on which radar type this particular blenheim had.

But here is the result;

DSCF4253.JPG DSCF4264.JPG DSCF4266.JPG DSCF4256.JPG DSCF4252.JPG DSCF4254.JPG DSCF4257.JPG DSCF4259.JPG DSCF4262.JPG DSCF4263.JPG DSCF4265.JPG DSCF4258.JPG

So, I'm glad it's done. Not the easiest model by far, but I'm happy how it turned out and to have another one cleared from the "shelf of doom"
Another first for me regarding;
- An overall black/night finish
- A first with the "hairspray method"
- And the first Classic Airframes kit build by me.
I think CA's Blenheim is a good kit, the details are marvelous, though I hope that the upcomming 1/48th scale Airfix Blenheim will be easier to build then this one...

I'll post some pics as soon as I got the radar antenna done and installed. But for now, it's Ta-152 fest!

Thanks for watching and 'till next time!

You have done a great job Jerry and the contributions and images of knowledgeable friends have made it very enriching.
You must be pleased to have successfully rescued your biplane from S. O. D.
Pending to the final photos ... greetings :thumbup:

Thanks all for the nice comments! :) If it wasn't for your support and information provided during this build, I guess I never would got it across the finnish line as this seamed to be one of those kits that kept dragging on. Though it was a huge learning curve for me.
I'm really happy that it's of the bench, So on to the next build!

:salute:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back