Fw 190D-9 "Red1" of JV44 Lt. Heino Sachsenberg.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I look at those next few shots the shield appears to me to be missing entirely, unless my eyes deceive me!
You can clearly see the glue used to attach the shield.....have you removed it or knocked it off, Dan?

don't know if this will help but we have a guy in perth western australia that sells on ebay and he seems to have good collection.peter

Thats not really helpful and Im not having any decal issues...

Sorry no progress pics guys.... Been workin alittle here and there... I got the front fuselage and the wing tops and bottom glued together... They came out pretty good.... Did some minor sanding in preperation for some filling of seams...

The worst part of building a model for me...

Thats not really helpful and Im not having any decal issues...

Sorry no progress pics guys.... Been workin alittle here and there... I got the front fuselage and the wing tops and bottom glued together... They came out pretty good.... Did some minor sanding in preperation for some filling of seams...

The worst part of building a model for me...

I hear that!

OK.....

First off, Heinz is the fu*kin man....

I went and tried his idea for getting the gaps filled... Figured I'd try one seam and see what happens.... It worked like a champ... It was a painless evolution and I did all 6 or 7 seams in 15 minutes or so...

Even Im impressed with how they came out.... Heres a couple quick shots.... Now its time to put the tail assembly together, mate the whole thing together, and start the painting part of the show....

For the record, the directions say to use RLM23 for the red underbelly, and the Model Master paint I got is actually a salmon/pink color, DEFINATLY NOT what Im gonna use.... Im pissed about that actually.....

I have a bottle of Red Insignia that looks like a pretty close match so unless any of u guys got a better idea, thats where Im goin with it....

Attachments

• ~seams 001.jpg
    ~seams 001.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 254
  • ~seams 004.jpg
    ~seams 004.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 297
A great progress here.:D This Dora looks better and better.:cool:

Dan, what is the problem with the RLM23 colour, except you don't have this one of course?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back