GB 17 what are you thinking (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woody

Master Sergeant
Jan 17, 2011
IL.
Iam thinking of doing a C-47 for this.

I after much reflection and after failing to reach the plow 98 to buy, then I decided with my wife, the following aircraft:
Stinson L-1 Vigilant 41-18915 alaska 1942, fiocke-Wulf 189 to 1 in 1942 ussr if + eg as usual both at 1/72 and the last if I have time, will the Japanese seaplane Kawanishi reconnaissance type mavis 97 to 1/144 even though I have not decided between 6 decorations that brings.

I was struggling for ideas for this one ... nothing in the stash really fit , where as i am covered for the next couple .

So I was thinking about looking at doing my 1/48 B17 is Coastal Command colours, but to be honest as its a G kit it would have been a long way from being right :(
However by fluke my lil bro got me a Hobby Boss Me 262 so thats rather solved the problem. The kit covers the A1 and the U3 , so it could qualify as Jet and recce

B17s do look good in the Coastal Command camo though :(

The B-17G, known a Fortress III in RAF service, wouldn't quite fit the GB, even if it had been used by CC. The CC aircraft, although tasked with recce duties, were also ASW/anti-shipping aircraft.
However, it could fit into the heavy hitters GB, or, if the rules were slightly bent for GB17, as a recce aircraft in a way. The Fortress III was used by RAF 100 Group, in the ECM role, and also as a 'listening post', intercepting enemy radio traffic. Would need quite a bit of work to get the right equipment fit for external appearance, but could be done.

hmm they ever make a Ki-61 recon version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back