GB 20 Question...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I got one I-16 of gce ( spanish Civil war), the pilot meñoro, one fw 190 yugoslavian or I-16catured of japanese troopers so head wirhout

..... Pity model shops don't sell replacement hands and wrists !!

How would you put them on if your current hands and wrists don't work?

Looks like P-40's might be popular. Maybe I'll do that Hellcat. Or....Hammy's Corsair if I could find some decals that are cheaper than the model!

You got that right Paul.
Along the side of the cabinet would be an A-5 (5x8) card with a picture of the model and below the story, for quick reference.
Different for sure, but I think it would be a reminder of what individuals gave up for the madness in this world, eh?

Attachments

• Smith A5.jpg
    Smith A5.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 78
Bl**dy good idea Bill, young man....
Next week I'll be ordering more paint and the decals for my RAAF Catalina, which is still MIA...
Hopefully, one day, they'll find her and her crew....

salute_zps4360a7b8.png

If I take part, it'll be with the Fiat CR.42 in Swedish colours or this....'13'!

TM48089_zps6c72ad01.jpg

Great idea Bill, and similar to a couple I did for an anniversary display some years back.
And Paul, 'Service with a twist' sounds interesting, but could be painful, depending on what's twisted during the ..er... service !

well....I would like to complete my Foreign service 109's for the next GB, a Finnish G-2 and Hungarian G-6 to go with my Romanian and Italian birds....a D-9 in Russian markings is also a possibility....:D

Soviet P-40 for me providing my research comes up trumps in time.
Spent case ejector chute that I received yesterday from the very plane -

6E1B2CCB-DABF-4745-9F21-72CA9C9A12AB-26157-00001C13950C4351_zps34deefa4.jpg

Cheers Chris

Great idea Bill, and similar to a couple I did for an anniversary display some years back.
And Paul, 'Service with a twist' sounds interesting, but could be painful, depending on what's twisted during the ..er... service !

A 'twisted service's, doesn't that usually mean an exorcism?

Andy, these Doras were captured planes. However there is no proof these were used by the Soviets operationally .

And it's mine too. There are other planes used by Russians and delivered to the USSR according to the Land -Lease agreement. Hurricanes, Spitfires, P-39s, P-40s , Bostons and a few more I'm convinced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back