GB 20 Question...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Or something like this one...

Lat20Glad2012320e-mail.jpg

hmmmm :D Swedish He-115 I've been thinking about this bird for Loooooooooong time :D

I have two Academy (ex Hobbycraft) P-40C's in my stash, and since I've been on a P-40 kick lately I thought I'd do an AVG bird. I have the Sky Models P-40 part 1 decal sheet with a whole lot of choices on it. Bob Neal's #7, Rossi's #3, Tex Hill's #48, Chuck Older's #68, R.T. Smith's #77, or Frank Swartz's #38. I've been leaning towards Smith's #77, but there's still plenty of time to decide.

Thought I would kick off with a Curtiss H-75A (P-36) Mohawwk IV Ser no 125 as flown by French air ace S/Lt Marcel Rouqette of GC I/5 in 1939. If time permits I'll the chuck in a we Spitfire Mk Vc from 452 Sqn RAAF in Darwin, this would be Ser No BS186/L prior to the squadron recognition code allocation of QY-L.

Last edited:
Prior to the......................?
Welcome back Vic.

Geo

Ooopps………………..thanks Geo, it's been so long since using a key board, fingers keep getting in the way of each other and the eyes are now beginning to close with the clock being out of sync and it's only 5:30pm.

When considering possible entries to this GB, I seem to constantly keep coming back to Bf 109 - Royal Yugoslav or Slovakian Bf 109E, Croatian Bf 109G-14, Hungarian Bf 109G-10...

I must be in some sort of Messerschmitt phase or something... I did consider Yugoslav Junkers Ju 87B Stuka though. It as used operationally in closing months of the war, but it was captured so I guess it doesn't meet GB requirements?

Then there's Royal Yugoslav Hurricane MK I, but I would have to buy a new kit for this one and I would prefer to build something I already have in my stash. Decisions, decisions...

I made a post, earlier, that I would like to do a Ryan PT-20 that was sold to the Netherlands. Well..... I gave the model away ! Perhaps he who I gave it to will enter it into the GB.
I'm just not up to it... sorry.

Charles

Sorry to hear that Charles. I think I know how you feel - my hands and wrists have been so stiff and painful lately, I can't do any modelling - or at least, nothing worthwhile.

I made a post, earlier, that I would like to do a Ryan PT-20 that was sold to the Netherlands. Well..... I gave the model away ! Perhaps he who I gave it to will enter it into the GB.
I'm just not up to it... sorry.

Charles

Sorry to hear Mr. C, but your cheers and comments are always as welcome as well!

Sorry to hear that Charles. I think I know how you feel - my hands and wrists have been so stiff and painful lately, I can't do any modelling - or at least, nothing worthwhile.

Speedy recovery, get well soon and all that rot old chap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back