GB-37 1/48 Do 17Z-2 - Helicopters / Military a/c of BoB 1940

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Damn, been finding I'm missing parts. Well two of the seat backs broke during waiting periods. I had to make new ones. and one of the engine necell was missing the upper support bar, I'm having to fabricate that as well. I also got the Verticals on and the bomb load in.

seat1.jpg
seat2.jpg
seat3.jpg
thumbnail (23).jpg
thumbnail (24).jpg
thumbnail (25).jpg

Overall I think the cockpit is cleaning up well.

thumbnail (19).jpg
thumbnail (20).jpg
thumbnail (22).jpg

though a little cramped for the full crew, Oh that my P-47N Revell, sorry!

OK so I used this 3M Post It tape for my splinter pattern. Don't remember where or when I got it but for this it works great. It has the tack of a Post It note and it wide enough to cover overspray well.
thumbnail (28).jpg

It tacks on and pills off right away. I did the rt wing and upper fuselage first.
thumbnail (33).jpg

thumbnail (34).jpg

Then the tail and Lft wing.

thumbnail (32).jpg
thumbnail (27).jpg

thumbnail (30).jpg

Thanks guys. It's quick and easy, reuse until tack it gone. It's goof for the splinter but I don't know how well it would work for other things.

Seems like handy stuff. haven't seen it in the UK, but I'll look out for it, especially as I have two more He-111s, two Do-17s, two Ju-88s and a couple of other large splinter schemes to do yet !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back