GBs 50 thru 57 - Finalized Schedule

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Would an Fw-189 operating in a reconnaissance group out of South Poland in 1944 qualify for GB 53 "WW2 Eastern Front"?

Question about the group build ending dates.
I was looking at the dates of next few group builds and saw that the ending dates all fell on Saturdays. I thought we were going to have the ending dates be the first Sunday after the last day of the month not the Saturday, to give that whole weekend for last minute procrastinators like me time to finish up.

Can I enter one from the China-Burma-India theatre for GB57?

Either of these. The first P-51 is from the same squadron from the movie Empire of the Sun. Don't know if you guys remember that cool scene where the P-51's are bombing the airfield and internment camp and one does a fly by of Christian Bale when he was boy actor.

or dees one.

Last edited:
Looking ahead to the future, I'm stuck on this one:

The only plane I have that might fit is a Grumman Goose that I was planning to build as Cutter's Goose from Tales of the Gold Monkey from donkey's years ago. The Grumman Goose was used by the military. The Goose is not strictly military, but Jake helps the US intelligence service by helping a female spy, and opposing the Japanese. The connection? Well, Jake Cutter was a Flying Tiger, and there are even a few scenes where the odd Zero attacks the Goose.

Is that a stretch too far? Would it work for the GB?

Works for me. The location and time frame fits even though its fictional. I did the Magnum P.I.. helicopter for group build 37 a while back. I think those two TV series were even produced by the same guy although I cant think of his name. Did the Black Sheep series too I think.

Just my 2¢. With Glenn's GB helo, there was no time frame or directive, basically a free for all with helicopters. GB 54 is clearly laid out. While I strongly encourage more to join the GBs, I think we should stick to the program. There are only four GBs left after the current one before we need to look at a new list. Perhaps one of those could contain fictitious aircraft.

I stand corrected

Not wanting to throw a curly and looking ahead to GB 57, a point of clarification please. Would an aircraft manufactured in one country and imported into a neutral country and put to use in home air defence during the WWII hostilities qualify for this GB?

Users who are viewing this thread