GREETINGS!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

brucejscott

Staff Sergeant
May 8, 2011
Williamsport, Pa
Hello all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been modeling on and off since age 5 but very, very new to forums. My 16 year old son insists I need to learn "social networking" on the computer, so here goes ( In my day it was called going out for a beer after work). Please excuse me while I make mistakes in the future but I shall endeavour to do better in the future. Thanks til later.

Welcome to the forum Bruce and I don't believe you will find a better place to learn new model building techniques sir. There are quite a few EXCEPTIONAL builders here who don't mind sharing there knowledge.:thumbright: :cool:

Hello and welcome from England. Until I joined this forum, I barely knew how to switch on a computer - now at least O know how to switch it off too !

G'day Bruce! and now the singing of our anthem...... :)

Welcome to the forum from a neighbor on the Right Coast!

Hello and welcome from England. Until I joined this forum, I barely knew how to switch on a computer - now at least I know how to switch it off too !

I don't know about that Terry - makes me wonder! :)

Thank you again for the warm welcome! And now for something completely different . . . A man with a stupid question. My current obsession is the Fleet Air Arm Martlet. My next project is the Martlet Mk. I. The difficulty is the more bulbous cowl, owing to the larger diameter of the Wright Cyclone engine, and how to manufacture it. I have resigned myself to vacuforming one and despite the excellent research material gathered so far from Bruce Archer, Scott Spencer, Tom Cleaver, the FAA website and others, I have yet to find a really decent photograph or schematic showing the profile of the cowl. Could someone please direct me to which portion of the forum I should be looking at? Thank You.

P.S. Yes I know, I am long winded.

Could someone please direct me to which portion of the forum I should be looking at?

Welcome to the site. Greetings from Poland. :wave:

Of course the forum area you might be interested in , is the Modeling Section. There you can find a great selection of threads regarding the model building, etc... Also the Techical section can be a great source for that. For finding pictures you should use the Aircraft Pictures one.
As far as the way for making a such parts like the engine cowling, you might find interesting the thread :

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/bu...w-make-your-own-pilots-seat-models-26095.html

The way of making a pilot's seat can be used for making many different details including entire models.

Last edited:
That is a most excellent how-to article, simple yet effective. I shall give it a try on the new build. I shall also take your advice and move my labours over to the modelling and technical sections. Thank You!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back