grumman wildcat by frog 1/72nd

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
in moving more bits around due to the house extention i found a couple of spitfire kits of which one i didn't remember buying all those years ago,opening it up inside was a rare frog wildcat kit,pics to follow shortly,

thanks for looking

bob1208.jpg

bob1214.jpg

bob1233.jpg

bob1229.jpg

i've made a start and plan to build this over the next week or so,

thanks for looking

Looks like it should only take about hour from building to painting to putting the decals on.

i thought i'd do a martlet for a change to go with my fleet air arm collection

bob1188.jpg

bob1193.jpg

bob1201.jpg

bob1236.jpg

bob1190.jpg

there's not much to this kit and to be honest i forgot to take some of the photos to show it going together but she is now in camo plus i gloss varnished it late last night ready for its markings and extra detailing

thanks for looking

Err VB ? I've managed to find matchbox kits on eBay, but for some reason made in China.

You can still get the old Novo (Soviet-made Frog with the amazing disintegrating decals) there as well.

Revell re-boxed some matchbox kits, but in a single colour, and the available Chinese ones are in the later, subdued, colours.

You can still get the old Novo (Soviet-made Frog with the amazing disintegrating decals) there as well.

Not sure if you know about this one: For ANY old kit decals I either brush on a coat of MicroScale clear decal film (if they are small) or for larger decals I spray with clear acrylic rattle can you can get from any art supply store. If using the spray you have to trim the decals closely, as anything sprayed now becomes a clear decal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back