Günther Rall

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Seen him, as others on this page, many times on interviews. Smart, witty and funny guy. Seemed to deal with the war better than most people. Guess that came from his character.

Sad to see him go.

Very sad news. A great person. A true character if you watch his video interviews - very lively.

:salute:
His interviews were very interesting.
There's one at the bottom of this article.

2009 - 10/06 - Famed German Ace Gunther Rall Passes Away

Salute_Smiley_Standard.gif

Wheels
Here´s another video from his last public appearance July ´09 at Oskosh (40 min).
Switch to english language and choose Günther Rall from the menu.

NeunundzwanzigSechs Verlag

Wheels

Here's a video that was done in the late 90's for the combat sim Jane's WW2 Fighters.

Here, he explains some about his Bf109 and why he had so many aerial victories. I've enjoyed watching his various interviews, because he always had a relaxed way about himself.

Attachments

• Gunther_Rall.wmv
    10.5 MB · Views: 55
One of you guys shared a quote from him from when an American was pressing him about the P-47.

American: "What would you do if you were bounced from above by a P-47?"

Rall: "Shoot it down, of course."

I don't know the source except it was someone on that forum but it gave me quite a chuckle. Jumping on Herr Rall would almost definitely be getting the tiger by the tail.

remember when Rall said that he and Krup where in Stab II./JG 11 flying the Bf 109G-6/AS and they could not believe the amount of P-47 and Mustang targets available compared to having to fly miles and miles on the Ost front in search of Soviet fighters.

Krup was actually successful in this venue during spring of 44. When Rall had his hand ripped up by .50's and had to bow out of the CO position Krup took over though only for a limited time.

I have to agree...If I were a pilot back then, there would have been a few Experten I would not have wanted to face down, and Rall is definately at the top of the list!

Doing so would be like trying to sandpaper a wildcat's a**...

RIP sir,and sorry if any one were offended in my Early comments,sounded like the cream of the crop

The funny thing I can remember about Herr Rall is what happened between him and Hartmann. If anyone had read the book, The Blond Knight of Germany, there was a incident between them two.

I guess Herr Rall came up to Hartmann and said he wanted to fly with him on a mission. Well, they took off, Hartmann and his wing man, and Rall and his wingman. Well they went to a area where Hartmann has been having some success. After 30 minutes of not seeing anything, Rall got annoyed stated he was heading somewhere else. Well, about 5 minutes later Hartmann spotted a Pe-2. He waited a few more minutes, then told Rall that he spoted a bogy, well, Rall told him not to shoot and he was on his way back to get in on the kill. Rall showed up just in time to see the Pe-2 go down in flames. I dont know why, but I find that funny.

i got my Günther Rall signed pic today in the mail soooo happy its small but it my most prized possession :)

I was reading rall flew a D9 dose any one know if there are any pics of ralls FW-190d9 or what markings/paint it had?

that is quite questionable if he ever sat in the cockpit of a JG 300 Dora. I personally think once he became CO of JG 300 his flying days were over he was tasked with more administrative duties like most CO's in 1945

Users who are viewing this thread

Back