H.S. Buccaneer S2B, 12 Sqn., RAF, Lossiemouth, Scotland, 1985, Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking good Terry, know exactly what you mean with the "little bit of progress taking 5 hours" that seems to be the norm when I'm working on the Ju88...hard at for hours but not much to show at the end....:(

But at least there is forward progress just the same! :D:D

Smashing good work old boy, most excellent and all that rot! Btw, the expressions that I'd teach you, would get you banned here for two weeks, due to......well, unusual language!

I really do appreciate all the support and kind comments here guys, it makes it all worth while. Whilst not one of my best models, I think this certainly wins the prize for the most tedious, PITA, on-going ache in the sphericals abortion I've ever tackled, and I've done more than a few in my time ! Wonder what that lot would be in Swedish then ?? !!

And yet more f*^%$ problems !
Having started the basic detail work on the wing fold mechanisms, I test-fitted the wings, which were tight, whereupon the leading edge joints popped open !! B*ll*cks and treble b*ll*cks !
So, now, after much sanding of the upper fold spars, and having re-cemented and superglued the wing leading edges on the inside, I should be able to fit the wings to the fold mechanisms, although they won't sit as per the full-sized aircraft.
I'm now trying to decide which path to follow regarding the construction sequence, as it's a case of balancing one tricky stage against a couple of others - whether to attach the landing gear and then the wings, pylons, missiles etc, or vice versa.
Either way, something is bound to get knocked off at some stage, so I'll sleep on it, and have a go tomorrow. If this isn't finished by Sunday, then even though I still have a couple of days until the deadline, it's going to be set aside, otherwise I'll never get one of the BoB GB kits started !

Thanks guys. This effing thing is fighting me all the way to the line ! I reckon I could get it finished by the 31st, but there are still numerous small details to attend to, so I'll see how it goes.
I'd rather have it 95% finished, and as good as possible, than 100% finished and lacking in overall appearance. I'll try to post some pics later tonight - if it hasn't gone on its first, and last, flight !!

One can, and will. But one is becoming rather miffed with the whole thing, leading one to the desire to beat the living effluent out of the bally thing, don't you know. Having spent an inordinant amount of time on trivial, ordinary stages, one has realised that one has not been able to progress, or even start, on one's other projects, to the point where one has lost a whole month in the BoB GB, without even taking parts from the box for any of one's GB projects.
One does think that one might have a little bit of a minor diversion, and start on the Buchon's first stages of modification, before proceeding onto one's first 1/32nd scale Bf109E for the BoB GB over the Bank Holiday weekend.
One has looked out of one's window at the horrendous downpour of rain, yet again, which means a visit to the local hostelry is out of the question, so one shall ensconce one's self at the modelling bench and get cracking !

True Dan. As it's non competitive, there's no rush. I should have it finished by the end of next week anyway, I hope, as I need the space taken up by the model, all the bits and pieces, and the full ash tray - the latter due to stress, honest !!
BTW, the British summer here has been consistent all year - rain, followed by an excess delivery of rain ! I can hardly hear anything for the noise of the p*ss*ng bl**dy rain !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back