halo movie

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fly boy

Staff Sergeant
Jan 16, 2008
I am sure they are making one and stuff like that but I posted this for best guesses for actors for the upcomeing halo movie.

I think that chief could be played by like tom cruise if the naiz moive he is in works out well and that was just to jump the forum.

I think he means that Nazi movie. Valkyrie. the movie where Tom Cruise plays a German officer who, along with other men tried to assassinate Hitler.

Movie was canceled. It was to be directed by Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings, King Kong). But Jackson apparently was dissatified with the artistic restrictions put upon him by the production company, or some such. So last I heard there was no Halo movie in the works.

Crap, well, I think that may be for the best. As a Halo fan, I'm pretty sure the movie would've sucked. No offense Flyboy, but it's very rare for a videogame to be adapted into a movie to turn out good. The only movie I can think of would be King Kong.

anyway Fly boy its been explained before, the Master Chief wouldn't be the movies main character because he is always hidden in his armor there would be next to no emotion and stuff like that from him, a movie about Halo but follows someone like Sergeant Major Johnson would be more better, and as Matt pointed out it was canceled because Peter Jackson had conflicts with the script. And unluckily for you 109Roaming the Halo movie was supposedly going to be filmed in NZ

anyway Fly boy its been explained before, the Master Chief wouldn't be the movies main character because he is always hidden in his armor there would be next to no emotion and stuff like that from him, a movie about Halo but follows someone like Sergeant Major Johnson would be more better, and as Matt pointed out it was canceled because Peter Jackson had conflicts with the script. And unluckily for you 109Roaming the Halo movie was supposedly going to be filmed in NZ

How does that make me unlucky? the income tax made from tourists gets spent on nothing good anyway

the less people here the better

Is anyone excited aboutthe the new Tom Cruise movie? Other than it's historical basis, there is almost no movie with Tom Cruise I would want to go see. Ever since his whole scientology meltdown, haven't really cared for him. IMO he is a hugely over rated actor. Been riding on the coat tails of a few good 80's movies.

I am hoping this movie will possibly change my mind. Always love a well done WW2 movie or any movie involving historical events.

Movies are seldom or never as good as the books....always seem to scr*w one thing or another....

I had that experience with Blade Runner. I actually read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? long before I saw the film, and was very disappointed to find all of the best bits of the book cut out. I was even more disappointed a few years later when I discovered I had to sit through it again as a university course requirement :rolleyes:

There's really no way to cram a 200+ page book, with all of the narrative and character insight, into a 2-dimensional movie that only runs for two or three hours. I really don't think it can be done, and remain 100% true to the book. That being said, the closest I've ever seen a movie come to a book would be the Lord of the Rings trilogy (they cut alot, yes....but they stayed true to the series) and "The Count of Monte Cristo". Again, they cut out a very large portion of the suffering that Dantes inflicted upon his accusers, which is what made the book so phenomenal, but the movie didn't make me want to scream. Which is what I was expecting, having just come from watching "The Time Machine"....one of the biggest hacks ever. Movies are entertaining....but nothing will ever replace the joy of a good solid book in your hands.

And that's my .0002 cents.

Oh, which movies were those? I might've seen them.

I've experienced it twice ,first time was with the book "Holes" then the movie come out ,big difference than what I imagined ,was Shite

second time was with "The series of unfortunate events" I read nearly the whole series ,something like 9 books

then a movie come out combining the first 3 books ,The plot was far different than the books .The main events even ran in different order

Good point Rabidalien ,never looked at it that way

Sorry to hijack your thread Fly boy. just had a random movie based question and comment.
Agree on the book to movie comments.
I'd say the best I have seen would be Band of Brothers, and Lord of the Rings. Two of my favorites.

I've experienced it twice ,first time was with the book "Holes" then the movie come out ,big difference than what I imagined ,was Shite

second time was with "The series of unfortunate events" I read nearly the whole series ,something like 9 books

then a movie come out combining the first 3 books ,The plot was far different than the books .The main events even ran in different order

Good point Rabidalien ,never looked at it that way

Well, I haven't seen "The series of unfortunate events", or read the books, so I can't comment on that. I have read the book and seen the movie "Holes", I didn't think the movie adaptation was that bad.

What you said makes sense, Rabidalien.

dude there are five main people/items in halo master chief, cortana, johnson, the assult rifle and the warthog so cheif would be one of the people the movie would follow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back