Harrison Ford injured in an apparent WWII era aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

10401519_10152725433591476_9139956673093603983_n.jpg
635611790893844099-IMG-20150305-155637.jpg
635611792986753515-IMG-20150305-155642.jpg

I know the area well, I had cousins that lived about a mile from there. I know at least 3 other people who had PT-22s and also had at least one engine failure. I'm glad he's ok...

The crash looks very survivable since both cockpits look intact but I have seen pictures of crashes that look survivable but crew have been lost.

I guess if you are well heeled enough to own and fly a vintage plane you probably live near golf courses.

Ford had taken off from Santa Monica airport and suffered engine failure. While he was attempting to set it down at that golf course, he clipped a treetop, according to a NTSB spokesman.

He is very fortunate to have only suffered injuries to his head considering hiw bad it could have been.

Of course, if this were the Millineum Falcon, he could have dove between the trees, shot underneath a bridge then bellying to a stop at the edge of a cliff with inches to spare. :thumbleft:

The crash looks very survivable since both cockpits look intact but I have seen pictures of crashes that look survivable but crew have been lost.

I guess if you are well heeled enough to own and fly a vintage plane you probably live near golf courses.

That's a city golf course that happens to be close to Santa Monica Airport. Certain neighborhoods around that airport aren't the greatest, at least when I lived close by. Santa Monica been wanting to close that airport since Douglas pulled out years ago.

PIC from the rear cockpit in the PT-22, which would have helped.

Unfortunately, there's a reason the engines known as a 'kinner time-bomb'

That's a city golf course that happens to be close to Santa Monica Airport. Certain neighborhoods around that airport aren't the greatest, at least when I lived close by. Santa Monica been wanting to close that airport since Douglas pulled out years ago.

You're right. I did a google maps search on golf near Santa Monica Municipal Airport. There are several, but at a considerable distance in out lying areas:

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@34.03323,-118.4560147,24582m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

There was some discussion from locals about closing the Airport since it was close to the golf course, since a golf course is a bar with 18 holes around it why not move the course?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back