Re: Avoid ww2aircraft.net
Reply Quote
Thank you, LesOfPrimus (or should I say Minister of Whoopass?) for your kind response to my posting. I am so gratified that you have nothing better in your life to do than track me down to this aviation forum and post your mighty, awe-inspiring response. I am honoured. I do feel I have to respond to your posting, however. In regards to what I wrote in response to Mr. Brunner's post on ww2aircraft.net, I will admit that bringing up the brave, but tragic uprising of the Home Army in Warsaw was over the line, especially to a Pole. My response, poorly done in this regard, was to try and point out the very possible bias of Mr. Brunner to anything Soviet. This bias, based on what the Soviets did to Poland (the stab in the back in 1939, the Katyn Wood massacre, the massacre of the Home Army, and 45 or so years of repressive Soviet domination), is certainly understandable, but should not colour one's analysis of an aeroplane. If a Japanese had pointed out the shortcomings of the B-29, real or imagined, he might also have been called out for his possible bias. This is what I was trying to do, although I should have done it in a less offensive and possibly insulting manner. I will give you this point. I do find it interesting, however, that if this original post were so insulting and beyond the pale that no one called me out for it at the time, not Mr. Brunner nor you nor any of the other moderators. I was not banned until I had responded to a publicly posted personal attack against me by Flyboyj, one of www2aircraft.net's moderators. His nasty attack against me, repeated below in its entirety, was posted after I was suspended for allegedly breaching the forum rules, although the exact nature of that breach was never made known to me. One of those rules stated something about "personal attacks against forum members". Please read Flybloyj's response below and see if it didn't violate the very rules I was accused of violating:
"Bla, bla, bla......
Gee Dennis - I didn't know you had an interest in aircraft!
Ya know, I'm a moderator who will actually the left of center be heard [I know, I don't understand what he's saying here either] but by the last part of your post you have just shown you're too stupid to be here so my 12,689 posts boot is kicking you in your ignorant pansy ass – goodbye!!!! [emphasis added]
Evidently you didn't read the first page of this thread and BTW is ole Maxi your tail gunner???"
It's almost as if he took offence at my referring to his 12,688 posts in my original post (when I mentioned them, it was meant as a compliment, not as an insult). Maybe mentioning the number of someone's posts violates some unwritten rule of the arcane Code of Forum conduct (if so, you've clearly violated that in your response on this Forum). I guess I'll never know, as I was never told exactly what I had done wrong.
The tone and language of your post, LesOfPrimus, tends to reinforce what I had written on my original post on this Forum about ww2aircraft.net's "moderators" – you all seem to be a bit thin-skinned and quick on the trigger. In your charming message, you call me "turd, meatball, retard, moron". It don't know about other people, but I find these terms very insulting and offensive and a personal attack against me, and I wonder if it is against the rules of this Forum to refer to another member in such terms. I hope so, and I hope appropriate action will be taken against you, Mr. LesOfPrimus, by the moderators of this Forum. You'll be glad to know I have reported your post as abusive.
Regards,
Learstang