Help needed-does anyone live close to San Bruno, California?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

seesul

Senior Master Sergeant
Dear all,

I´ve found a grave of one US flyer who was KIA over my born town in 1944 and was exhumed and reburied in USA later. I´d like to have a pic of his grave that is at Golden Gate National Cemetery in San Bruno (San Mateo County) in California.
Should someone live close and should he be able to take few pics of his grave I´d post a details about him.

Thank you very much in advance!

And here´s the flyboy in question:

FLAHIVE, ROBERT J
SGT US ARMY
WORLD WAR II
DATE OF BIRTH: 09/04/1924
DATE OF DEATH: 08/29/1944
BURIED AT: SECTION O SITE 76
GOLDEN GATE NATIONAL CEMETERY
1300 SNEATH LANE SAN BRUNO, CA 94066

(650) 589-7737

I'm checking to see if I can find someone I know who would be able to get over to the cemetary and get some photos for you, Roman.

If we can't find anyone able to, then I'll see what I can do to get down there myself. :)

Thank you Dave, you don´t need to go down,there´s a time. I wanna have this pic for our future web site project and for a friend of mine who writes a book about American A/Cs lost over our country.
I´m wondering also if he has some relatives there...
Anyway, thank you for your wilingness!

Hi Jack,
just wondering, did you have a chance and time to go there? If not, no problem, I´m happy you´re able to do it for me what I really appreciate.
Anyway, can show you something- fragments of the ball turret discovered few months ago...I´m just tryin´ to get in touch with that one who found them. He lives in my born town barbar94 | B-17G 096 ''BIG TIME'' ? rajce.net
Robert Flahive lost his live in this turret...

I literally just got back from getting the photos a few minutes ago. I have them and I will email them to you, I just need your email.
Thanks,
Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back