Help with a new Siggy Please

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WOW....... Marcel i love the last one, but is it possible for you to use the same font you have in your siggy ?
many Thanks.
Hi Rochie,

Last one being the one with Churchill or with Dowding?
Sure I can make one with the weathered type-writing font. I'll see to that this evening.

Love the Churchill one. :thumbleft:

If I had to pick a face for that siggy myself, it would most likely be one of the Hurricane aces, or a Spitfire ace for Spitfire planes, like Robert Stanford Tuck or Douglas Bader.
But as it is with Sir Winston, that's a result I really like. Everyone doesn't know the top RAF officers, leaders and aces - but everyone knows Sir Winston. ;)

Last edited:
Okay, here they are:
1. version with sir Dowding
Rochie7.jpg

2. with Bader
Rochie8.jpg

3. with sir Hugh Trenchard, specially for Vic
Rochie9.jpg

Great stuff, personally I would go for the one with either Dowding, Churchill or Bader. However they are all great.

1 thing I think would be worth a go is this. Looking a the pictures you have chosen it should be possible to create a sig with all three in formation (a Vic formation) with I think Bader (because the shot looks like it would work best) in the middle (or Dowding) and the other 2 flanking him.

Great stuff, personally I would go for the one with either Dowding, Churchill or Bader. However they are all great.

1 thing I think would be worth a go is this. Looking a the pictures you have chosen it should be possible to create a sig with all three in formation (a Vic formation) with I think Bader (because the shot looks like it would work best) in the middle (or Dowding) and the other 2 flanking him.

what a great idea Gnomey, any chance of that Marcel, if you dont mind that is ?
Bader flanked by Dowding and Trenchard, last request i promise :D

I must say, it would not be my choice, I think too crowded, but the customer is king :lol: :

Attachments

• Rochie10.jpg
    Rochie10.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 192
  • Rochie11.jpg
    Rochie11.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
I was thinking of them smaller than that if there was the 3 of them so that they would still not crowd the siggy. Still good work Marcel.

Okay, we could try that. I think it looks a little better, but Dowding doesn't look good. A frontal shot like the others would be better, I think. Anyone has a better photo?
I still think it's too crowded but don't want to make the portraits any smaller.

BTW You should type 'Dowding' in Google Images. You get a lot of pictures of a nude-model, nice looking. Maybe I should put in her for Rochie? :lol:

Attachments

• Rochie12.jpg
    Rochie12.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
i love my new siggy Marcel, Bader is hero of mine and one of the reasons i got interested in WWII aiviation as i went to Bader school when i lived in thornaby a former WWII airfield.
many thanks mate !
Karl

I'd agree a better picture of Dowding would improve it, however there don't seem to be many around (the one on google would be good though ;)). Still looks a little crowded I agree and the can't be made much smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back