Hey :) New Brit

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Alex .

Airman 1st Class
Hey there guys!

I'm Alex, and I'm relieved to finally be able to post in here following my first account being banned within an hour or two for spammer so and so, I hadn't posted yet? But never mind, I've made it now :)

I'm a third year student of Medieval History, studying in North Wales. I've been into the history of aviation throughout my life, I come from a military family and have been pretty much brainwashed by years of documentaries, and numerous repeats of Battle of Britain and 633 Squadron on a regular basis :lol: I've been involved with the ATC for 6 and a half years, and I'm hoping to follow this on with a commission once I've finished my studies.

I am particularly interested in the history of 148 Squadron Royal Air Force during World War II, and if any members have any information and further reading regarding the squadron I would be very interested from hearing from you. My uncle, Geoff Hill served with them across North Africa and Italy, unfortunately he passed away a few months back - however, he was a ridiculous hoarder, and kept extensive records of the squadron activities and had many pictures of his time in blue...or tan, which I look forward to sharing with you :p He went on to dedicate the rest of his life as a guide at the RAF Museum Cosford, where he was involved with the conservation of the B-24 KN751, now on display at the RAF Museum Hendon.

I have to admit I am nowhere as knowledgeable as you guys, so will be more than likely a watcher - I'd rather not embarrass myself 8)

Regards,

Alex

Welcome

Sorry about the accidental spam banning. We have been having a big problem with spambots lately. Your login name might have tripped something.

Either way, welcome to our dysfunctional family.

Don't be a watcher, jump right in. We all can learn from each other.

Hey, you have to be willing to be embarra$$ed to be in here matey........ we've all done it, willingly or otherwise.

Welcome from the lower far side of the earth.

Bill

Well, at least you're not another Aussie.....:lol:

Welcome aboard and don't lurk. Hop in as all "stupid" questions are welcome!

Thank you for the welcome messages! :D I will try to get stuck in as much as I can...

Sorry about the accidental spam banning. We have been having a big problem with spambots lately. Your login name might have tripped something.

No problem, I'm a regular on a motorbike forum (another one of my loves) and that occasionally gets messed up too.

Although if you click my username on the side, it takes me to alex109's page and not my own.

Well, at least you're not another Aussie.....:lol:

Welcome aboard and don't lurk. Hop in as all "stupid" questions are welcome!

Uh oh, tin foil hat on :p Bracing for it!

Last edited:
Jump into a conversation and make a fool out of yourself. I do it all the time!!!!

Oh......Welcome to the forum

Let the drooling commence..
A Spitfire flypast tugs at the heart strings of any Englishman :)
Welcome from sunny Plymouth Alex.
Its ok here, just don't mention the war..... hahahaha
John

So you're not spam - therefore you're not a Viking either!
Welcome from a bit further north. There's a slim chance I might have met your uncle, back in the late 1980's, if he was the chap who showed me around the B-24 when it was at Cosford (still in its Indian AF markings then, as recall.).

Viking, eh.....much like me and other selected few, right VB? :lol:
Motorcycles one says, hopefully that means AJS, BSA, Norton, Triumph and the likes, there's a crazy person popping in on occasion, watch out, mumbling something about MBW, WMB, or something, don't pay any attention to this person, we're testing some new meds, it seems that they come with some severe side effects....
On a slightly different sidenote, Terry, the gentleman above here, Airframes, is the resident Grumman Wildcat affectionado, connoisseur, still thinks that a Spitfire could have been designed better, more streamlined, like aforementioned Wildcat....no point in arguing there.

Welcome to cuckoo's nest, which nobody has ever flown or crossed over...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back