Hi to all!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ariete

Airman
Jul 23, 2009
Italy
Hi to all guys!! :D

My name is Daniele..
I'm an italian man..

My favourite hobbies are modelling WWII aircrafts: Regia Aeronautica, Luftwaffe and Japanese aircraft..And the story of the Regia Aeronautica..

I'm sure it will be a great experience with you!! :)

Hi and welcome to the family buddy! Here's a question for you...do you have any photos or colour profiles of CR.42's numbered "13"?

Jan, It's not 13 but it HAS 13 in it. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• cr42jv_7.jpg
    cr42jv_7.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 146
  • fiat-cr-42-falco.jpg
    fiat-cr-42-falco.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Hi Lucky!!

There are many "Falco" with number "13" on the fusoleage..
Which aircraft is "yours"?

13° Gruppo - 2° Stormo?

95° Squadriglia? (Below)
fiat-cr-42-falco.jpg

Swedish air forces?
Other?

Let me know.. :)

Ah..It's ok!! :lol:
And then..The UN-Lucky 13:

cr42_18gr_ct_psalvadori_norfolk.jpg

On November, 1940 during the Battle of Britain, the Fiat CR.42 (95th Squadron, 18th Group C.T., 56th Wing C.T., Italian Air Corp, Magden, Belgium) flown by Sgt. Pietro Salvadori was forced to land on a beach near Orfordness lighthouse.

Good choose Jan!!

If you decide to make 13-95 flown by Sergente Pietro Salvadori, the MM is 55701..
After an epic doghfight against Hurricanes of No.257 Squadron RAF, Salvadori lost his route and run out of fuel, force landing into English beach and reporting only minor damage, to the aircraft. This was eventually captured with the pilot, and flown to Martlesham Heat for evaluation by the RAF. The aircraft wears the usual three-tone with green and brown mottling on a sand base, and light grey undersurfaces. Worth of note is the shape and layout of the colour mottling above the top wing, usually different from the fuselage paint work, a typical feature of many CR.42s. Wing insigna is black on white roundels. Spinner and cowling ave been painted yellow, a tactical marking used by axis aircraft during the Battle of Britain. After the war this aircraft has been preserved, and can be visited now at Hendon, home of the RAF museum's Battle of Britain Hall but the colour isn't correct.

racamoarticlese_4.jpg

Hello Daniele and greetings from not so far away Serbia. Hope you'll enjoy the forum and looking forward to see some of your work in our modeling section.

Ok guys!! :)

As soon as possible I'll build a new aircfrat: Tamiya's Zero.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back