Hobbycraft Dornier Do-17Z 5K+EA BoB GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hmm. That might, and probably will, allow the joint to move at some time in the future H. It's basically rubber based, being a sort of 'liquid rubber', designed to bond rubber, such as patching tyre inner tubes. great for that, as it becomes part of the surface, but not so good on plastics, which need the chemical action of cement. Even 'superglue', which we all use, can fail after time, if stressed, as it doesn't weld the plastic surfaces together. Of course, superglue is used in a different way, so shouldn't be a problem in 99% of cases.

Yeah I have 6 tubes and need to loose some! I do have Tamiya extra thin cement and Testors Jar cement. I just didn't think to use them

Now I am getting ride of the joints with CA glue than sanding.... No putty! Hobbycraft did well on one thing!

I still use the tube cement more than the liquid. It's messier so you have to be extra careful when applying it but like Terry said, theres nothing like it for strength.

Right but its annoying because if you get some on the wrong spot and take it off...it peels the paint off...

16 pages? I had to check the date of the op just to make sure this thing wasn't started last August. :D

Nice work so far. It's cool to see one of these odd looking bombers come together. You're a brave man too for taking on a Hobbycraft one. Good luck through the rest of the build.

Sh!t!

Just realized Hobbycraft for some reason thinks the Do-17 had individual cowl flaps on the plane. Need to fix that!

Thanks Jay!

Cowling flaps so dam annoying!!! Ca glue and sand...ca glue and sand..... and I lost most of the detail... plus I've never scribed before.

But I can't complaing when I think of Terry and the Bucaneer!

Harrison, you may be using water to sand already, but if not a few drops of water and wet&dry sandpaper make things go a lot quicker. I think it even makes a needle file cut quicker, but make sure you dry the file off good when you're done or it will rust up on you

Thanks for the tips...i realized the flaps after the one wing was attatched...

So one wing is done and don't worry landing gear isn't going on. I broke off one of the thing to hold the wheel....can't find it, how can i fix it?

Also quite a gap in the wing so added plastic which I'll sand down.

Attachments

• P8190606.JPG
    P8190606.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 90
  • P8190607.JPG
    P8190607.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 97
  • P8190608.JPG
    P8190608.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 102
  • P8190609.JPG
    P8190609.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 96
  • P8190611.JPG
    P8190611.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 96
  • P8190614.JPG
    P8190614.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 103
  • P8190616.JPG
    P8190616.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 99
To fix your landing gear I would use a piece of sprue the same diameter as the larger outer section cut longer than the finished piece, drill a hole in the part you want to attach to the gear leg. Drill a hole in the gear leg and use wire to join the two. Then cut the piece to the right length drill another hole right the way through for the axle which can be made of stretched sprue or plastic rod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back