Hobbycraft Dornier Do-17Z 5K+EA BoB GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Still working with the seems. Trying to vent some frustration and anger so I headed back to the bench today....

I'm out of any kind of glue which prevents anymore work.

Attachments

• New 1.jpg
    New 1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 85
  • New 2.jpg
    New 2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 84
  • New 3.jpg
    New 3.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 89
  • New 4.jpg
    New 4.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 85
  • New 5.jpg
    New 5.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 94
  • New 8.jpg
    New 8.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 85
  • New 7.jpg
    New 7.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 87
  • New 6.jpg
    New 6.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 98
I agree. Getting real close now Harrison. I wouldn't stop yet with the sanding Harrison. What are you at now 320 or 400 grit. Take it to at least 600 or 800 grit and you shouldn't see any sanding scratches through the camo paint.

Are there any ways to keep a decal sheet from disintegrating? For some reason I have no confidence in these decals.....

If the decal sheet is quite old you can airbrush it with a thin layer of a gloss dope. Of course all marking have to be cut out in order to reduce the transparnet background.

Thanks Wojtek, I will give that a try.

Since I hate working with thinner, as it bothers me a lot, I'm ordering Vallejo Model Air paints and thanks to Kevin and Karl have found the colors and their name.

More sanding today, and tomorrow.

You'r welcome Mate...:)

Looking at the pic with the undercarriage in that, I have noticed a few incorrections there. I think that these small parts red marked, are remains of the moulds used for the sprue process and should be removed. The yellow marked and pointed area is a place where the the "X"-shaped piece of the undercarriage has been broken.There is just a lack of a small piece of the styrene stick. I'm not sure about these green marked areas. In my opinion the one that there is still there should be removed with the small triangle from the "X" piece too. Or ( if it is really a piece of the part) there should be added its second half as it is marked.
Below, here you are a sketch of Do-17 undercarriage I found via the net. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Attachments

• Do17podw1.jpg
    Do17podw1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 80
  • do17podw.jpg
    do17podw.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 68
  • do17yhjkl.jpg
    do17yhjkl.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I was about to point it out when I seen you had taken care of it.The green section does to me looks like it's got to go but maybe to late.The pour tabs should be easy enough and the short piece for me H I would cut back some and put a longer piece in.Whether it be a piece of stretched sprue or some store bought round stock.;) Cheers

As far as the decals Harrison, I agree with Wojtek, if your afraid they'll disintegrate coat them. You might want to test them first though with a decal you don't plan on using. No deed to go to all that work if they are OK. Something you might think about with Hobbycraft decals, especially the ones that were included in the earlier kits like the one you have. They love to silver if you put them on anything but a real glossy surface, so make sure you have a nice shinny clear coat on before starting the decaling.

Right I have my Glosscote and Dullcote, good idea Glenn, I'll use one that I don't plan on putting on.

Now its been quite a while, when I go to paint its the light color then dark, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back