Hs 123 A-1, "Red T"10./Lg 2; Greece April, 1941 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The overall colour balance is close, but the colour of the cockpit looks strange, assuming it's either RLM 02 or 66 grey. The flash alone will certainly alter some colours at such a relatively short range, and the combination of lighting is being thrown off by the green background. If you can take a focus reading on something white, then fully depress the shutter button, it might help. Other than that, I'd suggest using a neutral background - pale grey, pale blue or white - as these colours won't cause anomalous reflection. The cockpit/internal colours are showing as a warm, almost pink colour, a sign that the flash and/or artificial light is causing a colour temperature shift - basically, the 'warm' tones in the lighting, and the dye pigments in the paint, are being recorded instantly. This can be overcome easily with film, but digital recording is so rapid, that the high-spot of the lighting is retained, i.e. the highest intensity of the flash or lamp, just as the 'shutter' is closing. It's a bit like looking at a light bulb, then closing your eyes - the retina retains the image as a slightly 'cooler' silhouette image, and a similar thing is happening here. Normally, a 80B blue filter would control the colour balance (or a 'daylight' bulb), but some digital camera systems by-pass this, trying to correct what it thinks is the 'wrong' colour!!
Sorry to go all 'techy' on you - just trying to help!!

The overall colour balance is close, but the colour of the cockpit looks strange, assuming it's either RLM 02 or 66 grey. The flash alone will certainly alter some colours at such a relatively short range, and the combination of lighting is being thrown off by the green background. If you can take a focus reading on something white, then fully depress the shutter button, it might help. Other than that, I'd suggest using a neutral background - pale grey, pale blue or white - as these colours won't cause anomalous reflection. The cockpit/internal colours are showing as a warm, almost pink colour, a sign that the flash and/or artificial light is causing a colour temperature shift - basically, the 'warm' tones in the lighting, and the dye pigments in the paint, are being recorded instantly. This can be overcome easily with film, but digital recording is so rapid, that the high-spot of the lighting is retained, i.e. the highest intensity of the flash or lamp, just as the 'shutter' is closing. It's a bit like looking at a light bulb, then closing your eyes - the retina retains the image as a slightly 'cooler' silhouette image, and a similar thing is happening here. Normally, a 80B blue filter would control the colour balance (or a 'daylight' bulb), but some digital camera systems by-pass this, trying to correct what it thinks is the 'wrong' colour!!
Sorry to go all 'techy' on you - just trying to help!!

The interior should be RLM 02. Naw, not too techy, I understand what you are saying. I'll try a different background on the next round and I'm going to grab my wife's OT-light as well. The color on that lamp is much different than incandescent or flash lighting it should help. :D

Thanks Terry. :D

What's "a sunny day"? Are these available for sale in the UK, or do they need to be imported, incurring landed charges and import duty?!!

All pieces look very nice. Great job so far Dwight. Keep working on..:D

Update:

FINALLY getting around to adding all the detail in the cockpit. Side framing is in place, forward bulkhead in place, control yoke in place and side door hatch cut out. Ready to be resprayed in RLM02. Then the oxygen unit, oxygen bottle, main instrument panel and side panel controls, and the pilot seat get added. Positioning on the starboard oxygen unit and bottle is going to be a TIGHT fit.

Pictures to follow.

Update:

FINALLY getting around to adding all the detail in the cockpit. Side framing is in place, forward bulkhead in place, control yoke in place and side door hatch cut out. Ready to be resprayed in RLM02. Then the oxygen unit, oxygen bottle, main instrument panel and side panel controls, and the pilot seat get added. Positioning on the starboard oxygen unit and bottle is going to be a TIGHT fit.

Pictures to follow.

Looking forward to the pics!:D

Here's the pics as promised.

Forward bulkhead, foot pedal crossbar, control yolk attachement bar and side panel ribbing are all in place.
The control yolk needs to be added with a control cable running thru the forward and rear bulkheads.

After a coat of RLM 02, the main instrument panel, side instrument panel, oxygen tank and seat with PE belts get added and she gets closed up.

The port side door hatch has been cut away - so you'll actually be able to see some of the detail inside. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0221v2.JPG
    IMG_0221v2.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0214v2.JPG
    IMG_0214v2.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0213v2.JPG
    IMG_0213v2.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back