I have been watching the headlines. It looks like it's packing quite a wallop down there. I hope we hear from Les soon and I am hoping he and his fam are okay.
Any news yet guys on Les It looks really crap I thought the super bowl was not the best place to go its very high and if the wind had really got under the roof instead of popping a couple of seams it could have killed hundreds.
The domestic insurance premiums must be high as hell living in a hurricane belt Eric.
lets hope Les can send a message as soon as he can, I dont know what the Power supply is like in Biloxi at the moment I found this site but it only gives an outline http://www.sptimes.com/2005/08/30/Worldandnation/Damage_radiates_beyon.shtml
Yes, it looks pretty bad. I am sure the guys at Keesler AFB and the Gulfport Naval station are mobilizing to assist in rescue and cleanup. Hurricane Camille in 1969 was the worst one before this, and it is being said that this one is worse than Camille. Hopefully Les is doing alright.
last night I had heard that les hometown at least much of it was under water, 2nd street towards the beach was gone. am prayerful Les and the gang made it to higher ground and now this bitch heads northward wreking more havoc.........
haven't heard from an aunt/uncle living in Atlanta which is still feeling the effects and will for another day at least with Tornados. Guess I should feel thankful that we only get floods in high rain years and plenty of forest fires yearly. You feel absolutely hopeless in situations like these
The lack of communication is what doesn't help. I doubt they have power and phone lines are likely down as well. Keep the faith Erich, there is alot of power out in the whole Katrina swath.