Hurricane Mk1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, I just need serials/squadron codes for Mk 2C night fighter, and maybe a pic showing the roundels etc... :)

Well, the most famous unit using NF Mk.IIc was probably the No. 1 Squadron RAF. The codes of this squadron were "JX" and color scheme was usual sea grey/green on upper surfaces, dull black (RLM2, if I rememebr well... :?:) on lower surfaces. Eventually, the planes were all covered black...

See: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/stories/s-ldr-karel-m-kut-kuttelwascher-dfc-bar-1602.html

If you want, I have a book about RAF nioghtfighters, can scan it or dig into it for any info you need. :)

I have not done with this yet, so I will be posting more after I have researched and pondered a few more options, including the Mk2 Night Fighter which I like a lot...8)

One option that would be cool was the Mk.1 used by the RAAF. Natural metal with RAAF PTO style roundels. Serial no. was V7476. It was tropicalised though so you would have to add a filter and what not.

Interesting... 8)

I'm fairly happy with my 247 Sqn night fighter, but would like to find out more about:

Belgium
Netherlands
Yugoslavia
Norway

NB: The RAAF one seems to be green? or have I not found the right picture yet?

Attachments

• Hurricane_Mk2C_Night_test2.jpg
    Hurricane_Mk2C_Night_test2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 612
I just actually read the post on that site *slaps self* :rolleyes:

So here goes: Red spinner, part natural metal, part silver dope - I hope I did it properly this time! :eek:

Attachments

• Hurricane_Mk1_Australia_test3.jpg
    Hurricane_Mk1_Australia_test3.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 111

Users who are viewing this thread

Back