Hurricane Mk1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am messing about with my site for a while, but I did do a couple more Hurricanes before I started the shambles I am now in...

An Indian MkIIC, and Brit MkIID:

Attachments

• Hurricane_Mk2C_India_Site.jpg
    Hurricane_Mk2C_India_Site.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Hurricane_Mk2D_6Sqn_Site.jpg
    Hurricane_Mk2D_6Sqn_Site.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 116
The full bunch, with many corrections over the last few weeks:

Hawker Hurricane Mk I of 151 Sqn RAF 1940

Hurricane_Mk1_151Sqn_Site.jpg

Hawker Hurricane Mk I of 242 Sqn RAF 1940 Douglas Bader's aircraft

Hurricane_Mk1_242Sqn_Site.jpg

Hawker Hurricane Mk I of 601 Sqn RAF 1940

Hurricane_Mk1_601Sqn_Site.jpg

Hawker Hurricane Mk I of 2 Comms Flight Royal Australian Air Force 1945

Hurricane_Mk1_Australia_Site.jpg

Hawker Hurricane Mk I of 2 Escadrille Belgian Air Force 1940

Hurricane_Mk1_Belgium_Site.jpg

Hawker Hurricane Mk I of 2LeLv26 Finnish Air Force 1943

Hurricane_Mk1_Finland_Site.jpg

Hawker Hurricane Mk I of Escadrila 53 Romanian Air Force 1941

Hurricane_Mk1_Romania_Site.jpg

Hawker Hurricane Mk IIC of 113 Sqn RAF 1944

Hurricane_Mk2C_113Sqn_Site.jpg

Hawker Hurricane Mk IIB of 78 IAP USSR 1941

Hurricane_Mk2B_USSR_Site.jpg

Hawker Hurricane Mk IIC of 247 Sqn RAF 1942

Hurricane_Mk2C_247Sqn_Site.jpg

Hawker Hurricane Mk IIC of 4 Sqn Indian Air Force 1944

Hurricane_Mk2C_India_Site.jpg

Hawker Hurricane Mk IID of 6 Sqn RAF 1943

Hurricane_Mk2D_6Sqn_Site.jpg

would like to see the Dutch one, just recently heard they used them but not sure where they used. Anyone have photo's of the dutch ones? Know where they used them? In Holland or dutch east indies?

Thanks all :D

I have seen a profile of a Dutch one, and I was ready to do one myself. But from other sources, it seems they were not equipped with them, but there is some doubt on both sides, so I'm leaving it alone for now :|

not sure if this helps you, took it from an IPMS site from Stokhom

The emergency-supplied P-40E and Hurricanes received Dutch national markings, but it's unknown if they got Dutch numerals. One P-40E possibly had a white "3" on the fuselage and tail. The P-40Es arrived late, but two of them may have seen combat action on the last day (March 8). There have been rumours that up to 12 extra Hurricane Mk.II and 24 extra Hurricane Mk.I have been supplied to and possibly operated by the Dutch.
Also, quoted camouflage colours for the Hawker Hurricane are somewhat speculative. The Dutch were very good in camouflaging their airfields and understood the importance of camouflaged planes. As there was time enough to give the Hurricanes Dutch national markings, I believe it is possible that at least the Dark Earth patches of the camouflage were repainted with Jongblad, which was readily available

Hi Clave, fantastic work.

there is one version of the hurricane I that I would love to see your rendition on. The Turkish Airforce used both MkIs (from pre-war), and MkIIs (delivered 1943 i think). ive seen images for MkIIs TuAF, but never seen a version for the MkIs. I have seen a B&W photo, thats it....

Not much to go on I admit, there was a thread started by Gekho for the turkish AF, maybe there is something there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back